The "Taming Toko Blues" topic.

#21robreyesPosted 2/8/2013 3:43:08 AM
I've fought 30 of them with no luck. The worst part is I was level 30 when I started and now I'm level 50, so I'm worried the game will be too easy when I get back to the story. I have a save point from before I fought the 30 Tokos but I'm worried that the game keeps some internal counter or something and reloading that will mean I don't catch the next 30... ergh.
---
PSN ID = robreyes
Xbox 360 GT = dirtyreyes
#22TiaelPosted 2/8/2013 3:45:12 AM(edited)
I got it after 10 or so, but that was by saving and resetting.
Siestar Fish, Stressy Plessie and Snowhawk in the SW Spring Realm are proving more difficult to obtain, and rarer compared to the Puss in Boats, Springray and Thunderhead in the area.
---
Playing: Ni no Kuni - Captain Whamtastic http://i.imgur.com/IVH6BX0.jpg
Dragon Quest>Ys>SMT>Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five. Da Bears!
#23JOMMY999Posted 2/8/2013 3:50:49 AM
he is cutest one tho, i want another one for Doctoko . wish me luck
#24XtC2NxPosted 2/8/2013 4:27:02 AM
104 Tokos killed in almost 7 hours, 0 tamed... Fun stuff.
#25TCrinaleTPosted 2/8/2013 4:34:22 AM
I needed to kill around 30 more or less to get one. Not sure how lucky that was.
#26Secret Asian ManPosted 2/8/2013 4:37:02 AM
I guess I was more fortunate. Caught one after about 35 kills.

My method was to stand just southeast of the southern forest where one of the familiar spawns and just cast Gateway over and over to ambush the spawned familiar. Toko seems to show up with that group's spawn point in that location, as well as the central larger forest where the angular forage point is. But since you can't see in the forest, the southeastern spawnpoint was ideal.
---
Dynamic Sig!
SAM: Patience.
#27NaesakiPosted 2/8/2013 4:39:26 AM
Pffrbt posted...
Alltra posted...
It's kind of stupid that you can't influence your chances of catching a monster.

A lot of things in this game are kind of stupid.

There is a merit badge which increases the base chance of all familiar captures by 20%, which for a toko isn't much, only like a 0.4% increase
#28thinkb4uspeakPosted 2/8/2013 4:44:15 AM
im in the 90s bc of these dudes! bc i wanted a planet.. no planet.. just two reg. tokos
#29MoooglemanPosted 2/8/2013 4:50:33 AM
I gave up after 100 tokos. I'll do it eventually for doctoko but that and alchemy is making me take a break from the game for a bit. Got the plat now play some other stuff and work on that every now and then
#30the_requiemPosted 2/8/2013 6:11:50 AM
chakramstrike posted...
Easy way I capture familiars is to switch all members to DO NOTHING when battle starts, pick Esther and make sure she has a good familiar. Then kill the two creatures you don't want. After that use Esther's attack with the harp. Do it enough and it should love you so you can catch it. Also the ugly duck island is a good area to level grind in. Especially early if you kill the tokos seeing as How they net you 2000 exp. I got mine on about the 10th try.

Don't TOKOs run away quickly enough to make this strat useless?
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Unfinished Swan