For those who still have not played (star on minimap)

#1kyton007Posted 2/7/2013 11:54:05 PM
I suggest (to everyone :P) take off the star on minimap, there is a option in the options menu to do it xP
The game get much better doing this!! D: Most of the time they tell you where to go or what to do, or you can ask drippy for tips. And when they tell you to explore you get fun exploring, not just go to star.
I think i enjoy very much the game if i take of the option from the beggining ): With that moments when you dont know to go but you just look around all the worl map, finding new zones or wathever.... With the star on map is just go here, go here, go here.... even when the plot dont know where to go, the game still tell you U__U
#2SkrallRampagerPosted 2/7/2013 11:55:52 PM
I use it so I know where NOT to go.

So no.... I'm not turning it off lol.
#3SupahJemPosted 2/8/2013 12:15:23 AM
Do you just ignore reading or something? The game usually tells you [IN RED TEXT WHERE TO GO NEXT AND THE DIRECTIONS TO GET THERE]

Agreed with previous poster, I use the star to know where to go so that I can take all the alternate paths so I get all the chests/etc before progressing
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: SupahJem
#4AlltraPosted 2/8/2013 12:17:07 AM
^
Pretty much that. I avoid the star like a plague, and go explore everywhere else BUT where it tells me I should be going. Then when I've done everything I want to my satisfaction, I'll progress the story.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#5kyton007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:20:17 AM
Alltra posted...
^
Pretty much that. I avoid the star like a plague, and go explore everywhere else BUT where it tells me I should be going. Then when I've done everything I want to my satisfaction, I'll progress the story.

Im doing that too... but if the game never have the star it feels more like old times n
#6HodouPosted 2/8/2013 12:33:38 AM
There are little annoying parts where they DON'T tell you where to go, though. Like when you have to find the three stones, or even one early part in Al Mamoon where you have to go to specifically the LEFT milk fountain and going to the right one does nothing, and etc. I can imagine the game would be significantly more annoying at points without the star.

I also noticed that dungeons are actually designed to force the "head for the arrows" gamer into exploring more. The path that appears to be the quickest route to the star is almost always a dead end with a treasure chest or something. It's like they're deliberately trying to encourage people to explore.
#7skp_16Posted 2/8/2013 2:56:32 AM
SkrallRampager posted...
I use it so I know where NOT to go.

So no.... I'm not turning it off lol.

This :)
#8tommy vercetti 2Posted 2/8/2013 5:15:01 AM
If you turn off the 'star indicator', will there be any other clues provided by the game that will lead you to the sky pirate's hideout?
---
"Every story must have an ending," Auron
"How do you prove that you exist, maybe we don't exist," Vivi
#9rezzahPosted 2/8/2013 5:32:46 AM
The star is more useful turned on rather than off.
---
PSN:Crawling_Chaos
I own a Vita too.
#10macrisserPosted 2/8/2013 6:09:46 AM
I turn off the star.

I can always go back to areas I missed out so no issue about exploring more and the star seriously killed off certain jrpg element. Do you all really expect in a jrpg we must always have direct clues to where will be our next destination?

*spoilers*

For sky pirates hideout there was no clue at all but I found it by exploring continent to continent doing foraging and looking out for forest dwellers in the mean time.