For those who still have not played (star on minimap)

#11liquiddeath21Posted 2/8/2013 7:12:37 AM
Sky pirate hideout, finding perdida, finding the 3 stones, and a couple other story events were more fun for me just to explore and go look for them than having a star tell me exactly where I need to go.
---
PSN: iyaoyas21
....NISA, SideQuestStudios, Xseed, Atlus...
#12wizaerdPosted 2/8/2013 7:41:31 AM
kyton007 posted...
I suggest (to everyone :P) take off the star on minimap, there is a option in the options menu to do it xP
The game get much better doing this!! D:

For you perhaps this is true, but it is not true for me.
---
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
#13armageddon12Posted 2/8/2013 7:53:42 AM
tommy vercetti 2 posted...
If you turn off the 'star indicator', will there be any other clues provided by the game that will lead you to the sky pirate's hideout?

There is one clue; you get a bounty that's south of the hideout which names a location. Looking at the world map, you should be able to figure it out from there.

There was one point where I had no idea where I was going; as you leave Hamelin to look for the sons, nothing indicates that they are in that mine entrance.
#14CLupulaPosted 2/8/2013 7:55:13 AM
Yeah, I'm another person who uses the star so I know where to go last, after looking for as many chests as I can.
#15macrisserPosted 2/8/2013 9:01:23 AM
armageddon12 posted...
If you turn off the 'star indicator', will there be any other clues provided by the game that will lead you to the sky pirate's hideout?

There is one clue; you get a bounty that's south of the hideout which names a location. Looking at the world map, you should be able to figure it out from there.

There was one point where I had no idea where I was going; as you leave Hamelin to look for the sons, nothing indicates that they are in that mine entrance.

well if you really explore, it is quite obvious all those mine entrances looks fishy considering the fact that they are location for treasure too.
#16armageddon12Posted 2/8/2013 11:06:49 AM
macrisser posted...
well if you really explore, it is quite obvious all those mine entrances looks fishy considering the fact that they are location for treasure too.

Doesn't change the fact that the game doesn't give you any hints as to their location. The treasures actually make you less likely to check the locations if you have previously explored and checked for treasures in all the mine entrance locations.
#17imsalingawayPosted 2/8/2013 11:09:05 AM
SkrallRampager posted...
I use it so I know where NOT to go.

So no.... I'm not turning it off lol.

The star was so incredibly useful for this reason. Immensely helpful.
#18HodouPosted 2/8/2013 11:34:52 AM

To be fair, if you use your wizard companion at all you should probably have noticed the GIANT SKULL in the western Summerlands. It can't be too hard to put two and two together from there...
#19Thanatos2kPosted 2/8/2013 11:54:31 AM
The point of the star is not to know where to go. The point of the star is knowing where to avoid so you can explore everywhere else.

Turning if off would have been terrible.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#20Tim333Posted 2/10/2013 9:35:25 PM
I turned off the star early on. It's ridiculous the way it holds your hand like a baby, telling you exactly where to go next all the time even when it's supposed to be something the characters have to figure out. The game is much more fun for me with it off. I have turned it on a couple of times when I got stuck, and I'm about to have to do so again because of the three stones, but I'd rather have a traditional RPG experience where you find your way yourself instead of being led around by the nose.
---
Game Center CX... Kacho ON!