it is my first role-playing game

#1o_o_hPosted 2/8/2013 8:56:48 AM
hi guys actually im not a big fan of role playing games,but I really liked the graphics of this game and its ratings are high, do Im thinking of playing it. what do u think guys ? is it a good role playing game to start with ? and is it hard ??and a very important question is it very complected ?? Thanks ppl I hope u help me :)
#2toadiemanPosted 2/8/2013 9:01:58 AM
It's easy and not very complected.
---
PSN: toadieman
#3MyzticRedPandaPosted 2/8/2013 9:02:12 AM
terribly complicated you must avoid
---
Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all
#4NoctisEternalPosted 2/8/2013 11:21:34 AM
It's a great first role playing game. I play a lot of RPGs, especially JRPGs, and I loved it. Just beat the game, and about to start post-game content.

The only thing that really annoyed me was quest redundancy. You get this in a lot of RPGs nowadays though, as they are looking to 'extend' the game.
#5Lord BladePosted 2/8/2013 11:29:06 AM
It's definitely a good "JRPG's for Dummies" title. There's a ton of hand holding, and the game itself isn't too complex.

If you want some epic RPG's to play:

Fallout 1 & 2
Baldur's Gate series
Neverwinter Nights series
Planescape: Torment
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (though it is heavily action based too)
Might & Magic series (and try the M&M Heroes series for epic strategy games)
Wizardry series

For great JRPG's, try:

Dragon Quest IV, VIII, IX
The Last Remnant
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens
#6JuanZoloPosted 2/8/2013 12:18:03 PM
This game would be an excellent choice for your first RPG.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#7thatsbrutalPosted 2/8/2013 12:25:29 PM
Lord Blade posted...
It's definitely a good "JRPG's for Dummies" title. There's a ton of hand holding, and the game itself isn't too complex.

If you want some epic RPG's to play:

Fallout 1 & 2
Baldur's Gate series
Neverwinter Nights series
Planescape: Torment
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (though it is heavily action based too)
Might & Magic series (and try the M&M Heroes series for epic strategy games)
Wizardry series

For great JRPG's, try:

Dragon Quest IV, VIII, IX
The Last Remnant

I agreed with almost everything on this list. I would certainly steer clear of The Last Remnant though.
---
For him, the Gate will open.
#8HodouPosted 2/8/2013 12:40:39 PM
NoctisEternal posted...
It's a great first role playing game. I play a lot of RPGs, especially JRPGs, and I loved it. Just beat the game, and about to start post-game content.

The only thing that really annoyed me was quest redundancy. You get this in a lot of RPGs nowadays though, as they are looking to 'extend' the game.

Yeah because you get people whining about it forever. "20 HOURS MAIN STORY PREORDER CANCELED" and all that.

There are a number of excellent short games. I would say there are many games that would be ruined by being any longer than they are, like Dishonored, or Portal, or...

(struggles to find JRPG examples)

...Devil Survivor, or... well Mother 3 was kinda short-ish right?

I'm not full of crap I swear.

I mean hell look at threads like this. www.gamefaqs.com/boards/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/61971691

I'm not trying to defend XIII-2 here at all, because i hated it too, but 50 hours is RIDICULOUSLY LONG for most games. And at one point some guy defines "(satisfactorily) hard" as "on par with SMT:Nocturne" and I feel like I'm gonna lose my mind. Just because you've made a habit out of grinding for ten years every time you hit a new area and you've gotten good at JRPGs after playing billions of them doesn't make them "too easy." It makes you jaded. Very, very jaded.
#9badboyPosted 2/8/2013 1:15:02 PM
It may not be the best RPG to start with but it's a very nice RPG.
#10Lord BladePosted 2/8/2013 1:58:26 PM
I agreed with almost everything on this list. I would certainly steer clear of The Last Remnant though.

I've put an ungodly amount of hours into Last Remnant. I think it's a kickass JRPG. It's got a great battle system, an interesting level mechanic, and an amazing story.
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens