Just got the dragon - which familiars should i pick up??

#1Llewelyn7Posted 2/8/2013 4:04:58 PM
I've been using some of the same ones in the starting areas and I'm looking forward to getting some new ones!

I've seen lists in another post of the strongest, but no explanation on where to find them ><

So if you can suggest an area to check out i'd appreciate it!

Thanks
---
I love the Power Glove. It's so bad. - Lucas
#2HodouPosted 2/8/2013 4:08:49 PM
A number of the typical "this is best familiars" choices are on the plateaus surrounding the desert. don't know if that's exactly what you mean though.
#3PirwzwhomperPosted 2/8/2013 4:11:27 PM
Get the ones that follow a theme you like, not just the statistically best. The game becomes a boring numbers game when you go for min-maxing, and you can beat the game on normal without trying to seek out uber familiars. At least wait until you finish the story first.
---
(^_^) <-- the Prophet Mohammad // APM is SC2's GearScore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg
#4Llewelyn7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:51:58 PM
OK I'll check out the plateaus some more.

Where other than the plateaus can I go right now to scoop up some of the most useful familiars?

Thanks
---
#5extremegunnerPosted 2/8/2013 7:39:40 PM
There's Dinoceros on the genie steps which can be reached only with the dragon.
#6grparkPosted 2/8/2013 7:55:15 PM
Yeah, the Dinoceros is on the ledges in the desert but I've heard of many people just ruining their game by running through it with a Dino. I've not had one myself but it's incredibly powerful in both attack and defense. So if you still want a bit of a challenge, I'd avoid him.
#7Llewelyn7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:26:43 PM
I'd like to grab one of these fellas, where are the genie steps?
---
#8ZenlightenedPosted 2/8/2013 8:29:36 PM
Dino's a clear choice, you can also start farming tokotokos and getting some stuff to make jumbo drops. That gives you some time to experiment, which is good. Just try a bunch out, I liked turban myth mid-game, and girlfiend, and the tree (umberwood? I just call him Timber Ho!). Also start leveling a skeleton guy for endgame, and grab a mushroom too.
---
So it goes.
#9zzenigmaxzzPosted 2/8/2013 8:35:05 PM
Llewelyn7 posted...
I'd like to grab one of these fellas, where are the genie steps?

the hill right behind the temple of trials
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni
XboxLive Gamertag: ZZenigmaxZZ PSN ID: zzenigmaxzz
#10PeachSodaPosted 2/8/2013 9:37:44 PM
I refuse to even use my Dinoceros. I have one, but using him would make the game far easier than it already is. My strategy (if you even call it one) is to just use familiars that are aesthetically pleasing. Even if they have horrible stats, it makes the game more challenging.
---
So, I was like "Hi!" and he was like "Duuuude!"" and I was like, "EEEK!" so I ran away.