Confused! (Post-Hamelin Spoilers)

#1ZerbeePosted 2/8/2013 10:06:06 PM
Okay, so I just gave Marcassin his belief back and I'm in the present time again.
I left the palace and noticed that all the people/guards are no longer in pig form.
In the past they weren't in pig form either.
It never explains what exactly happened between the past and now, and how come they aren't pigs now?
Is this explained later in the storyline? If so no spoilers please :x
#2dark trunksPosted 2/8/2013 10:07:47 PM
It's just armour, man. They weren't really pigs. I think they were just obsessed with the pig form.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#3Zerbee(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:10:21 PM
dark trunks posted...
It's just armour, man. They weren't really pigs. I think they were just obsessed with the pig form.

Well is it explained why they went from using regular armor to pig armor?
In the scene before you travel back in time, you catch Marcassin putting on his pig armor but Oliver and the party catch him. He then seems rather embarrassed to be caught out of his armor.
#4dark trunksPosted 2/8/2013 10:13:19 PM
Zerbee posted...
dark trunks posted...

Well is it explained why they went from using regular armor to pig armor?
In the scene before you travel back in time, you catch Marcassin putting on his pig armor but Oliver and the party catch him. He then seems rather embarrassed to be caught out of his armor.

I doubt there is an explanation. If anything, it's an update to their old armour. One of the guards in the past mentioned their updated armour, and how much he liked it. Either they upgraded again, adding in the pig form (they mention pig tanks in the past as well), or based on the Marcassin's reaction, when his belief was taken, he felt ugly and made the armour reflect that feeling.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#5PemosanPosted 2/8/2013 10:14:23 PM
Yes, if you talk to the NPCs, specifically the one with the dog IIRC, she explains that it is one of the prince's orders to have everyone wear the pig armor to look the same. This is among many other similar laws, such as eye contact being outlawed, etc. Returning his belief to him relieves the town of their oppressive dictator, and gives them a benevolent emperor.
#6PirwzwhomperPosted 2/8/2013 10:21:35 PM
Marcassin didn't want anyone to see him because he thought he was ugly. Thus the rules about armor and the ban on eye-contact. When you fix Marcassin these rules are lifted.
---
(^_^) <-- the Prophet Mohammad // APM is SC2's GearScore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg
#7PrinceOfHotPosted 2/8/2013 10:50:44 PM
It's like back to the future. He changed his outlook on life so Marcissin didn't force his subjects to wear pig helmets at all times.
#8pruvmerongPosted 2/8/2013 11:06:21 PM
When Marcassin comes to his senses, I recall him saying something about fixing the mess he created. I presume he rescinded the order for everyone to wear pig costumes.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SxG-Polaris
GIGABYTE P55M-UD2 | Intel i5 750 | G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600 | Sapphire HD 6850 | WD Caviar Black | OCZ FATAL1TY 550W
#9ajmrowland1Posted 2/8/2013 11:29:29 PM
I should think It's obvious that it was on marcassin's orders cuz when we first meet him, he couldnt stand his own looks. Or at least to look at his own face.

so he covered up, and to make himself seem "normal", he ordered everyone else to.