I've got something to say about this game

#11AlltraPosted 2/9/2013 8:22:35 PM
"^^ If kiddy isn't a dig at the game, then why would obvious trolls like that word so much?"

Because the way they're using it, it IS a dig against the game. It really isn't a knock on the game though, just like calling something serious isn't a knock either. That's not gonna stop trolls from using it that way though, because they know people get all defensive about it.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#12archizzyPosted 2/9/2013 8:24:58 PM
People make the connection of assuming kiddy is an insult or to say you enjoy it means you are immature when really that isn't the case.

In an interview with Akihiro Hino in the back of the Prima guide he says

"We created Ni No Kuni with the desire of making children feel something. While the final story of the PS3 game expanded so people of an older age group can enjoy it more as well, at its core is the desire for the young, and young at heart to experience the spirit of dreams and adventure. It reveals the process of how a child grows into an adult, and that's what I particularly wanted to share with the younger ones in our audience"

I left out a few lines as they were spoiler specific. People get too sensitive when it comes to the term kiddy. The Level 5 CEO while also wanting to include older gamers obviously was mostly targetting a younger audience. Nothing wrong with that and nothing to really get worked up about and "defend"
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#13PFireflyPosted 2/9/2013 8:39:54 PM
Alltra posted...
"^^ If kiddy isn't a dig at the game, then why would obvious trolls like that word so much?"

Because the way they're using it, it IS a dig against the game. It really isn't a knock on the game though, just like calling something serious isn't a knock either. That's not gonna stop trolls from using it that way though, because they know people get all defensive about it.

Fair enough, I can agree with that. ;-)
---
Alice returns in 2011, I'll be ready... http://www.ea.com/alice
Inception ending spoiler: http://twitpic.com/26k9ub