Never seen a Ghibli film before playing this game, then saw 7 of them in 2 days.

#11Trickster242Posted 2/9/2013 10:31:52 PM
Princess Mononoke is excellent, and one of the very best films by Studio Ghibli. It's just funny how they depict arrows in that movie. If you take an arrow to your head, SWOOSH your head flies away! If you take an arrow to your arms, SWEESH your arms are completely torn apart from your body! Incredible!

Kidding aside, it really is a great movie and one of my favorites. I'd recommend watching Millennium Actress, by Satoshi Kon. It's probably the most beautiful anime movie I've ever seen. His other works are pretty dark (like Perfect Blue and Paranoia Agent), but they're all brilliant :)
#12SumTinWongPosted 2/9/2013 10:36:40 PM
Give porco rosso a chance. One of my fave ghibli films.
---
nonstick banana frying pan and slippery cardboard box. Why do birds fly? It's entirely because they get tired of walking.
#13Blight963Posted 2/9/2013 10:40:53 PM
I highly recommend Sword of the Stranger, D.Gray Man and Soul Eater. Nothing like Ghibli but still good none the less.
#14cermizPosted 2/9/2013 11:32:18 PM
MyzticRedPanda posted...
Elfen Lied

^this *1000
---
O_o
#15skp_16Posted 2/10/2013 6:14:29 AM
You have to watch the non-Miyazaki film but also by Studio Ghibli.

Grave of the Fireflies
Whisper of the Heart
Only Yesterday
The Borrower Arrietty
The Cat Returns
From Up On Poppy Hill
Ocean Waves
Pom Poko
My Neighbours The Yamadas
Tales From Earthsea
#16Frank_JPosted 2/10/2013 6:23:45 AM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Evangelion yet.
#17Donta_HightowerPosted 2/10/2013 9:53:18 AM
Never been a huge anime person myself, but I'll have to check some of these out. I've really only watched the stuff that has been on Toonami/Adult Swim, and I didn't care for half of it. The only ones I've really enjoyed have been the Dragon Ball series, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Lupin the 3rd, Case Closed, early Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh, and Naruto.
---
New England Patriots: Offseason