Frustrated in the demo

#1Spetsnaz420Posted 2/10/2013 1:53:18 AM
So I tried out the demo, I get the idea behind defending against powerful attacks and whatnot...but I found myself constantly avoiding the enemy and waiting for openings to attack and died many times in the process.

Is the demo a good indicator for how the game will play?
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#2HodouPosted 2/10/2013 1:57:43 AM
Not really, nah. The beginning portions of the game will play like that but it gets better. Lots of people who hated the demo love the game.

Later on you get:
- a proper grasp on the battle system in general, through tutorials and more gradual practice
- ability to tame familiars and customize your teams properly
- All-out Attack and All-out Defense commands that let you control your team a little better and make bosses a lot less frustrating.
#3Spetsnaz420(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:48:05 AM
That's good to hear...it's such a gorgeous looking game...I didn't want to pass on it
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#4Viewtiful_JonPosted 2/10/2013 5:02:43 AM
I kept dying on the demo too, just use a few items to keep you alive. Actual game so far does not seem as hard and I have done both parts that are on the demo.
#5Stouffer1Posted 2/10/2013 5:11:46 AM
I really didn't like the demo. Bought the game anyway, 12 hours in 2 days says it all.

Bad indication of the game really. It grows, slowly dropping new tutorials in. I didn't even know of half of the mechanics, so all the little things impress me as I go along.

Love it so far.
#6PirateMoePosted 2/10/2013 5:38:40 AM
Hodou posted...
Not really, nah. The beginning portions of the game will play like that but it gets better. Lots of people who hated the demo love the game.

I find this true with most RPG demos.
#7SLXPosted 2/10/2013 5:42:50 AM
I died many times in the demo and not once in game on the same fight

Playing the actual game you will have learned how to really use the battle system opposed to be 'thrown into the fight' with minimal info

Use the demo to check the game style, not the difficulty :)
#8tigerex777Posted 2/10/2013 6:14:17 AM
You kids forgetting that demos can't slowly and gradually give you a tutorial where you learn step b step. Demos need to give you a good impression in a short period of time. I thought the demo was good and the boss fight real easy and simple. I guess playing rpgs since the 80s gives me that edge in adapting fast in role playing games.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64