List your Top 10 RPGs
By no specific order:
Phantasy Star IV
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Skies of Arcadia
Shining Force 2
Shining The Holy Ark
Wild Arms 2
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Final Fantasy IX
Star Ocean: Til The End Of Time
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Persona 3 FES
Many of these games are easily interchangeable with others in the series such as Wild Arms 2 and Wild Arms 3 being equal and only because I haven't finished WA3 yet so can't fully judge it but it has everything that made WA2 great and makes it better.
Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins are equal in my eyes. BK had much better music and great characters while Origins had a better battle system and slightly better story.
Then there's Final Fantasy IX which I would easily tie with FFXII.
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
Tales of the abyss
Tales of symphonia
Final fantasy 10
Final fantasy 7
Shadow hearts: covenant
Arc rise fantasia (voice acting isnt THAT bad)
Legend of heroes: trails in the sky ( i neeeeeeeed part 2 :( )
Notice how in my list the 2 jrpgs from this gen are only for the wii. Shocking.
No particular order:
1. Dark Souls
2. Demon's Souls
3. Vagrant Story
4. Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
5. Neverwinter Nights 1 [only due to the multiplayer and the countless days i have spent online]
7. Final Fantasy Tactics
8. Final Fantasy 9
9. Persona 4
10. Chrono Trigger
2. Fallout 3
3. Fallout: New Vegas
4. Dragon's Dogma
5. Disgaea (series - they're all pretty good)
6. Skyrim/Oblivion - together they'd be a great game.
7. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
8. Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
9. Kingdom Hearts
10. Ni no kuni ... the thing all the others have over this: an 'engaging battle system'
This list is just going to be one the ones ones I like and remember first. There's no way to list my favorite 10 when pretty much the only genre I play are rpgs/jrpgs as there are far too many I enjoy.
Dragon Quest 8
Tales of Vesperia
Disgaea Series (Hard to pick one, earlier games i liked the characters better but the mechanics and the gameplay improvements from each game forward are way too good to ignore.)
Ar Tonelico 2
Dark Cloud 2
Megaman Legends (This one is mainly nostalgia but I can still pick it up and play it today and it would be great.)
Fire Emblem Games
I find it funny that kids get offended by other people's opinions so let me respond in a mature unemotional manner:
First of all this was my list just as everyone else has theirs. Why do you cry when people disagree with you? It is a list of my top rpgs i never said they were everyones. The reason i'm always mocking and laughing at FFVI and IX fans is cos they have the exact elitist mentality you accuse me of. That's why with all the posts favouring those two no-one bats an eyelid but when anyone say FFVII or X (both of which were individually more successful than VI an IX combined) guys like you always jump on them.
Now to respond to your points:
1) Yes CC and Vagrant Story had boring battle systems. LOD's was miles better. It was in no way as polished as other better rpgs but the game was endearing and had an epic feel to it.
2) The length of time people spend does not equate to it being a good battle system. VS had appeal and other strong points e.g graphics. It did not have a good battle system. Press X, press a different button, press another one... It was like a rhythm game lol.
3) That was a mistake and if you had half a brain you would have figured i meant CT not CC.
4) You obviously don't know the meaning of half of those words. How can a guys opinions of games be bigoted? Also there are no 3d FF games. And finally to correct you i don't think people who like the older FFs are delusional. I do think those that think they're better than VII are though.
5) No matter how you try to justify it Xenogears' disc 2 ruined it. That's a fact. I was a fan but i know when to be honest. You should take off the nostalgia glasses. Also it had other issue such as a great battle system and not enough battles to enjoy it.
And finally to reply to your closing comment i DO NOT HATE Xenogears, CC FFIX or most of the others i mentioned. I was simply stating why they didn't make my top 10. Maybe you should take you own advice and stop trying to push your opinions onto others.
Playing: Ni No Kuni.
Reading: ASoIaF (again).
Final Fantasy X
Tales of the Abyss
Final Fantasy VI
Persona 3 Portable
Tales of Vesperia
Super Mario RPG
Others include Chrono Trigger, Ni No Kuni, Kingdom Hearts, Secret of Mana, Knights of the Old Republic, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Star Ocean:The Last Hope.... List goes on. So many quality RPGs.
CP:Ni No Kuni(PS3), Fire Emblem 12
OFWGKTA Golf Wang Free Earl
In no particular order some of my favorites are...
Final Fantasy XII (IZJS in particular)
Dragon Quest IX
Champions of Norrath
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time
Final Fantasy V
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
Playing: Borderlands 2 and Final Fantasy XI
wh0_kn0ws posted...UnderratedGamer posted...2) A lot of people actually HATE Abyss and regard it as one the worst Tales games. I personally have never played Tales of the Abyss but have heard these opinions many times over.
yeah, i know, i've heard some things, but personally they've been far more good than bad. i haven't played a majority of tales games, but it's still one of the better rpg's i've played in quite awhile.
and jade rules.
it's simple. just be nice.