Wizard's Companion Book Real Value!!!!

#1brianrpgfanPosted 2/11/2013 4:25:08 PM
Currently the book is selling for over $200 at Ebay! So do you think the price will go up more or after awhile it will drop or settle at a more reasonable amount ?
#2Cecero2Posted 2/11/2013 4:40:21 PM
I am probably going to sell the whole wizard edition once I am done with my play through on e-bay. I love the game, but am not much of a collector and I doubt i'll go back for another play through.
#3brianrpgfan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:31:24 PM
Cecero2 posted...
I am probably going to sell the whole wizard edition once I am done with my play through on e-bay. I love the game, but am not much of a collector and I doubt i'll go back for another play through.

Really, are you serious! So you don't think the hardbound wizard's companion book worth keeping? That book is probably one thing many NNK fan will likely keep!
#4NoMercy23Posted 2/18/2013 1:08:05 PM
To be completely frank, for the Wizard Companion hardcover book alone I'd pay upwards to $60USD at best just because I actually -need- it (and it could be fun to read and sift through the pages outside of gaming). The in-game Wizard Companion is pretty glitchy on my end (PSN version) and doesn't load most of the time which is absolutely frustrating. There's always the .pdf version that one could download and put into a tablet/etc., but I feel like it's a huge inconvenience and risk to do something like that when the necessary in-game Wizard Companion provided to the consumer (that's supposed TO WORK) is this haphazard in functionality.

From the prices on ebay... $200-250USD for the hardcover Wizard Companion is just way too inflated. I'm not even sure if the price for this single book will drop to double digits any time soon until Level 5 and/or Bandai/Namco makes the decision about distributing more copies.
---
Hi.
#5Cecero2Posted 2/18/2013 1:25:30 PM
brianrpgfan posted...
Cecero2 posted...

Really, are you serious! So you don't think the hardbound wizard's companion book worth keeping? That book is probably one thing many NNK fan will likely keep!

Yeah, unfortunately I am just not much of a collector of things generally. It IS a really really nice book though and will be mildly disappointed when I do sell it.
#6brianrpgfan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:06:52 PM
Recently I have seen it going for $150 at Ebay! So this collectible item has definitely dropped a bit. Maybe the lowest it will go down for now is probably around $120-$130 only because few sellers willing to negotiate the selling price.
#7ShibutoPosted 2/18/2013 2:09:43 PM
Yeah, unfortunately I am just not much of a collector of things generally. It IS a really really nice book though and will be mildly disappointed when I do sell it.

Your post makes absolutely no sense...then why did you buy it in the first place?
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#8archizzyPosted 2/18/2013 2:39:36 PM
There's always the .pdf version that one could download and put into a tablet/etc., but I feel like it's a huge inconvenience and risk to do something like that when the necessary in-game Wizard Companion provided to the consumer (that's supposed TO WORK) is this haphazard in functionality.

Not sure why you think it is some huge inconvenience or risk. It takes less then a minute to download and is by far the most convenient and easy way to use it.

I have the hardcover book from the WE and my in game version works flawlessly yet I find the PDF to be the most useful.

The physical book is cool, no doubt and it is the only reason I bought the WE. But I find the PDF the most useful. Especially when I come to translation portions I can open the in game book and look at the picture and use my PDF to go to the alphabet page.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#9AceMagasePosted 2/18/2013 2:50:05 PM
My guess is the value goes down. The game is solid but it's not going down as a classic. A few years from now most people will have forgotten Ni No Kuni

brianrpgfan posted...
Currently the book is selling for over $200 at Ebay! So do you think the price will go up more or after awhile it will drop or settle at a more reasonable amount ?
#10castrejon04Posted 2/18/2013 3:15:35 PM
I just sold mine for $120 an hour ago, which is the price set by the buyer and not by me. It's a nice book and all, but I'm not much of a reader let alone a collector. I'm almost done with the game and I rarely got to use it. I don't see myself playing the game again anytime soon either. The book is no use to me after I'm done with the game and letting a $100+ sit there and go to waste like that is like throwing money away. Better to cash in now while it's still hot. The stories are the only thing worth reading anyway. At least I will always have my JP version in my possession.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa