I don't think I'll ever play this game

#1SixSixSevenEighPosted 2/13/2013 5:10:57 AM
So I preordered at my local GAME branch with a 5 deposit. Got a letter thought the post stating that the branch was shutting down and all pre-orders were being shifted to the branch in town.

So on release day, I go into to town to pick up the game. They claim the pre-order isn't there and I also can't have my 5 back.

Tried every store in town - sold out.

Tried every website - sold out.

Finally in stock in Amazon a few weeks later for 50. So I thought why not - and bought it.

Game is now lost in transit and I have to wait a month for a refund.

Total cost: 55
Total copies of Ni No Kuni: 0

tl;dr Life hates me.
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#2AlltraPosted 2/13/2013 5:15:20 AM
Usually when I preorder a game, I get some kind of reciept that I have to show to the Cashier in order to claim my pre-order.

Or, if I preorder online, I get an email with the details of my order. I usually save those just in case a situation like yours happens to arise.

It doesn't help you now, but in the future that might be something to keep in mind.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#3Legendary_MusasPosted 2/13/2013 5:37:29 AM(edited)
:( I feel for you man.

Strange hearing about no copies online though. I haven't bought it yet due to financial troubles so this is a little disheartening. I hope stocks go back up soon.

My GAME store also shut, HMV over the way from it is soon to be shutting down and the blockbusters 5 minutes away is shutting down :(
I basically HAVE to shop online now or go into town which is a ****** for parking.
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#4SlaynPosted 2/13/2013 5:45:08 AM
Wow you got screwed.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#5SHMYazooPosted 2/13/2013 6:04:20 AM
You could always download the PSN version, though I wouldn't do it because I like the physical copies of my console games.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#6tomloadsadoshPosted 2/13/2013 6:16:58 AM
It's available on Amazon for 39.99 now...
#7utarefsonPosted 2/13/2013 6:20:56 AM
Yeah I got my copy on the ps store. Its sad to see all my favourite stores shutting down. Soon the high streets will be nothing but Chicken fast food shops and clothes stores..pretty depressing. CEX is still doing ok it seems..have you tried them?