World map

#1DarkfireAxelPosted 2/13/2013 10:06:06 AM
I love how the game looks and the story, but, from what I've seen, the map looks really small...is it really as small as it seems? Since you can...walk... around it :/

I loved DQ8 though, is this game as good as they claim? (I've seen a lot of excitement around, just asking)
---
The winter's colde, Soone fulfill'd, And his yearning, Towards a winter's night, Wandering alone...
...The Wolf...
#2AxepriestPosted 2/13/2013 10:11:16 AM
It's very deceiving. The area you can walk round is only a small fraction of the world.
There are plenty of other areas separated by the ocean as well as places that can only be reached once you are able to travel by air.
#3goomba420Posted 2/13/2013 10:13:17 AM
the world map of this game looks awesome reminds me a lot of dq8. I got game last night put maybe an hr or so in got to the first castle town place and so far even with the high expectations i gave it from the reviews it got has beaten them handly already.
#4Res5Posted 2/13/2013 10:14:33 AM
The game only shows you the region you are walking around in until you get the actual world map or the boat where you will then be able to access the world map which shows everything. The progression in this game is amazing since you start out in Ding Dong Dell and then when you do a bunch of stuff there THEN they have you move onward. I will fully admit I was scared when I saw the vast desert on the other side of the Golden Grove. It was uncharted territory for me.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#5DarkfireAxel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:20:43 AM
So is it actually much bigger than in the demo? (It may sound as a stupid question, it obviously is bigger, but I mean it's bigger than what you can see in the distance?)
---
The winter's colde, Soone fulfill'd, And his yearning, Towards a winter's night, Wandering alone...
...The Wolf...
#6Res5Posted 2/13/2013 10:21:59 AM
I didn't play the demo but assuming what you're seeing is the Rolling Hills around Ding Dong Dell then yes, it's FAR bigger than what you can physically see.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#7AxepriestPosted 2/13/2013 10:30:03 AM
DarkfireAxel posted...
So is it actually much bigger than in the demo? (It may sound as a stupid question, it obviously is bigger, but I mean it's bigger than what you can see in the distance?)

The demo area only showed you the north section of summer isles. There is also a south section sluightly bigger than that.
Across the sea there is autumnia, winter isles and spring isles. Each has large explorable areas. Plus there are many small islands dotted around the sea with interesting things to find.
#8Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/13/2013 11:28:18 AM
It's average in size compared to many old school RPGs, but it will feel huge and is Top Tier on the beauty scale, believe me.
And yes the Draw Distance is amazing. But what you see in the demo is super tiny compared to the whole picture. :)
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#9DarkfireAxel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:19:29 PM
Thanks a lot for the answers!

When I first tried it, this game reminded me (apart from the obvious DQ8) of FF VIII world map, lol.

I'm probably getting this, also because the names of the places you said kinda remind me of Spyro 2 worlds, which is something I don't wanna miss.
---
...The Wolf...