Yahtzee reviewed this game and he didn't like it.

#1MyWifeBeatsMePosted 2/13/2013 10:36:42 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6830-Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-Of-The-White-Witch

I don't blame him
#2TiaelPosted 2/13/2013 10:39:51 AM
Your wife let you out again?
Or did you escape?
---
Playing: Ni no Kuni - Captain Whamtastic http://i.imgur.com/IVH6BX0.jpg
Dragon Quest>Ys>SMT>Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five. Da Bears!
#3Thanatos2kPosted 2/13/2013 10:46:10 AM(edited)
Yahtzee hates JRPGs. He has hated every single JRPG that he has ever played made in the last 10 years. He knows this. He has admitted this.

As such, most criticisms he has of the genre are pointless.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#4PFireflyPosted 2/13/2013 10:45:46 AM
Thanatos2k posted...
Yahtzee hates JRPGs. He has hated every single JRPG that he has ever played. He knows this. He has admitted this.


Pretty much, though he did enjoy Paper Mario. Anyone who knows yahtzee wouldn't have expected him to like it, and anyone looking for a proper review of a JRPG wouldn't go to yahtzee. So I'm not sure why you thought this deserved a topic tc.
---
Alice returns in 2011, I'll be ready... http://www.ea.com/alice
Inception ending spoiler: http://twitpic.com/26k9ub
#5Bishop_SasaraiPosted 2/13/2013 10:48:33 AM
It boggles my mind as to how anyone can actually consider Yahtzee's opinions to be valid. It boggles my mind even further when people say that he's funny.

He definitely deserves a beating.
---
Anticipating the following: MGR: Revengeance (PS3), Tales of Xillia (PS3)
#6Thanatos2kPosted 2/13/2013 10:50:42 AM(edited)
He also admits he doesn't finish most of them because they're usually long, and he has to beat a game a week to keep the reviews moving.

It boggles my mind as to how anyone can actually consider Yahtzee's opinions to be valid. It boggles my mind even further when people say that he's funny.

Why? He's right most of the time. He has several valid complaints about Ni no Kuni. But many invalid ones. He's most certainly right about most other genres. You just have to know what he's biased against and why, which isn't hard because he's admitted it all by now.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#7ArcDerekPosted 2/13/2013 11:01:05 AM
He is right because, though being biased, he doesnít have to rationalize his disappointment or hatred about games or aspects of games. What he really wants isnít too difficult to figure out:

- Immersion and atmosphere Ė game story told through gameplay, not overly long cutscenes or QTEs,
- Player as agent Ė player actions are meaningful and have consequences in a fluid/changing game world, OR that the narrative is strong enough to carry a linear storyline (Silent Hill 2, Portal, BioShock),
- Colours schemes/palette more extensive than grey and brown
- New IPs, not sequels with identical gameplay capitalizing on past success

Yahtzee, though unforgiving as a critic, generally enjoys the same things I do in a good game.

While Iím enjoying NNK, itís not a perfect game by any means.
#8TCrinaleTPosted 2/13/2013 11:06:54 AM
Why do you guys have to have an opinion based on someone's else's opinion? You don't have an own view of things or what?

Even if God came from the sky and told me this game is very bad I would still have fun with it.
#9PFireflyPosted 2/13/2013 11:13:20 AM
TCrinaleT posted...
Why do you guys have to have an opinion based on someone's else's opinion? You don't have an own view of things or what?

Even if God came from the sky and told me this game is very bad I would still have fun with it.


I'm not sure you posted in the topic you think you did. No one here is talking about basing their opinion on someone else's.
---
Alice returns in 2011, I'll be ready... http://www.ea.com/alice
Inception ending spoiler: http://twitpic.com/26k9ub
#10GameGuy777Posted 2/13/2013 11:28:26 AM(edited)
Yahtzee didn't praise a game from a genre he mostly despises?!? I totally didn't see that coming.

Saying Yahtzee didn't like a JRPG is like saying the sky is blue. You're correct and it's meaningless 99% of the time. And the other 1% you're amazed and/or running for cover.

---
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/FenriSensei/Tags/Gameguy777.png