help with scrolls of truth farming

#1Madridiq8ePosted 2/13/2013 10:43:50 AM
I know the best way is to farm honky tonker just like the sticky topic.

but I can't get the yellow orb to fall down so i can 100% steal the item ?
what exactly do I have to do to get the yellow orb ?

and if I did the mugshot to steal from Hokny Tonker, and didn't get the item I want, and then I got the yellow orb and used it to steal the rare item from the same Honky Tonker, will I be able to do that ?
or I can only steal once from the same monster whether it's the mugshot or the yellow orb skill ?

and if anyone has ANY tips on getting scroll of truth I'd really really appreciate it
#2Hopz_7Posted 2/13/2013 10:59:07 AM
Fight the secret boss first. It's guaranteed to drop a rare item and you need 2 rare items for the alchemy quest anyways. As soon as you have 5 or 6 of one, then switch and go farm the good familiar. The strategy in the sticky is terrible, don't follow it. First, set your whole team to do nothing. Remove all accessories from Oliver and equip the lowest magic attack wand. You want to reduce ur magic attack. Then, with Oliver, cast pulse over and over until everything is dead and the honky shonker looks like it just has one hit left. If you get a good glim, switch to swain and use it. If not, just steal with swain and hope for the best. Kill the damn thing and move on to another one. Pulse gives you a much better chance of getting a "nice" and good glim than just defending. I ended up with 5 kalaidastones and 2 scrolls or truth from secret boss, then got the past 3 scrolls of truth in about an hour. Shouldn't be that bad.
---
I'm drinkin a beer, I'm smokin a swisher
I barely can steer, Cause i'm full of this liquor - E40
#3Madridiq8e(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 11:03:56 AM
Hopz_7 posted...
Fight the secret boss first. It's guaranteed to drop a rare item and you need 2 rare items for the alchemy quest anyways. As soon as you have 5 or 6 of one, then switch and go farm the good familiar. The strategy in the sticky is terrible, don't follow it. First, set your whole team to do nothing. Remove all accessories from Oliver and equip the lowest magic attack wand. You want to reduce ur magic attack. Then, with Oliver, cast pulse over and over until everything is dead and the honky shonker looks like it just has one hit left. If you get a good glim, switch to swain and use it. If not, just steal with swain and hope for the best. Kill the damn thing and move on to another one. Pulse gives you a much better chance of getting a "nice" and good glim than just defending. I ended up with 5 kalaidastones and 2 scrolls or truth from secret boss, then got the past 3 scrolls of truth in about an hour. Shouldn't be that bad.

that's a neat trick ! definitely gonna try that.

but what secret boss ? you mean the final one the guardian of the worlds ?
#4TheLastOneDR2Posted 2/13/2013 11:20:41 AM
Yes, pulse is the key to getting the sticky method to work. Without it I never got a gold glim to drop in a very long time. With pulse, it took less than an hour to get 5 scrolls of truth.
#5Hopz_7Posted 2/13/2013 11:54:29 AM
Madridiq8e posted...
Hopz_7 posted...

Yea, the guardian of the worlds. Steal from him each time to get an item that fully restores hp/mp on your party to save time between fights. He drops one of 6 rare items each time u beat him. I got a kalaidastone and scroll of truth in 8 of 11 fights. Once u have 5 of one of the items, then go farm the gold familiar u need for the remaining rare item. Fastest way IMO. U can beat him in around 4-5 minutes, he's a guaranteed spawn and he always drops a rare item.
---
I'm drinkin a beer, I'm smokin a swisher
I barely can steer, Cause i'm full of this liquor - E40
#6Madridiq8e(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:47:14 PM
Hopz_7 posted...
Madridiq8e posted...
Hopz_7 posted...

Yea, the guardian of the worlds. Steal from him each time to get an item that fully restores hp/mp on your party to save time between fights. He drops one of 6 rare items each time u beat him. I got a kalaidastone and scroll of truth in 8 of 11 fights. Once u have 5 of one of the items, then go farm the gold familiar u need for the remaining rare item. Fastest way IMO. U can beat him in around 4-5 minutes, he's a guaranteed spawn and he always drops a rare item.

one more question...

I killed him the first time and he was really easy and didn't give me any rare item.

and then i went back and killed him again and got 1 rare item.

but the 2nd time i killed him his health was a lot bigger than the first time.
does he get more powerful everytime i fight him ?