2nd Play party set-up. With some save editing.

#1SpungebobVsGodPosted 2/14/2013 9:01:26 AM
I've started a new file and I've currently just got the boat. I edited in some familiar tickets to get access to some DLC ones and some I couldn't be bothered to wait for.

I'm currently running...

Oliver: Dinoceros / Sapdragon / Mandragorer (though he can't really level up this early)

Esther: Greater Griff / Lumberwood / Hooray

Swaine: Bonehead / Monolith / ??

I would swap out Mandragorer until later in the game, and I would swap Hooray as Griff is the Attacker and Lumberwood the Defense.

With Swaine he used both of these on my last run but they are really good, any good choices for his final slot?

I may get Sillymander as the excel doc I have on familiars says his final forms are rank 4 and 5 overall, thats above Tokocold and Scrapdragon...
#2e13designPosted 2/14/2013 9:19:11 AM
what are you using to save edit. I want to make a "new game +" file for my second play through.
#3superboy1281Posted 2/14/2013 9:31:31 AM
Sounds like a snorefest xD
---
PSN superboy0081
#4SpungebobVsGod(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:43:06 AM
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ni-no-kuni-us-save-modification.341864/

Thats how I edit.

And it is a bit of a snoze fest, i just didnt want to waste time levelling familiars I would l8er take out so that when I come to post game im in a better place.

Any familiar suggestions for post game that I could get now?
#5Bancario51Posted 2/14/2013 8:38:49 PM
im currently running shadar in my team.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#6Offspring MarkPosted 2/14/2013 8:42:03 PM
What does it matter about "late game leveling up" All the XP you got in the first 20 hours of the game is replaced with a single encounter in post game. It's not exactly a worry I'd have about this game. If anything you'd only have an issue if you overlevel, then you might have some trouble catching a familiar up, but even, doubtful.
#7NoHaloPosted 2/15/2013 12:46:13 PM
Any way to do this on a MacBook (without emulating Windows?)? =/