Green Chest in Hamelin Gliched?????

#1lilmills03Posted 2/14/2013 9:51:41 PM
Hey I have been trying to get this chest for hours. I can not get the ! to pop up so swain can shoot it. What should I do. I saw this and stood every possible place around it with no results

https://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/015/997/27/25/nips3_t005.jpg

I have run from the chest to the door first even tried was I supposed to get this at a certain point is there a spell i need or is my game just glitched and the ! point not showing up
---
have your tried the hot pocket hot pocket, its a hot pocket filled with a hot pocket,it taste just like a hot pocket
#2tsukia8Posted 2/14/2013 9:54:55 PM
Is it your first time there? Do you have swaine in your party? Also you must be facing the chest for the ! to pop. Thats all I can think of.
#3AlltraPosted 2/14/2013 9:59:50 PM
It's hard to explain, but I'll try my best.

Okay, there's the red chest nearby in that small alcove right? Standing in front of the chest facing North toward the palace, walk forward and then look to your left. There should be a lightpost there. Walk up to the lightpost, and stand to the left side of it as you approach it. Turn around and face East toward the chest, and walk forward slightly until the ! mark pops up.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#4ToadWarriorPosted 2/14/2013 10:46:46 PM
^Thats a pretty good description, I remember that chest drove me nuts for a little while.... Nor as bad as the one in Golden Grove though..

Terrible mechanic by the way... One of the few flaws in this game.
#5PffrbtPosted 2/14/2013 10:51:41 PM
ToadWarrior posted...
Terrible mechanic by the way... One of the few flaws in this game.

There's more than a few flaws in this game.
#6ToadWarriorPosted 2/14/2013 11:31:04 PM
Maybe, but the only one as glaring as the green chests is the horrible teammate AI and lack of control.
#7Leon481Posted 2/15/2013 12:28:00 AM
The green chests aren't that bad once you realize that you have to be directly in front of them. Then it's just a matter of following a straight line to find the correct spot.