For those who have beaten the game (Spoilers)

#1Niky325Posted 2/15/2013 9:42:09 PM
Hey so I was wondering am I alone in thinking the period from defeating Shadar -> End game felt like it didnt end the game on a right note? I was just rewatching the cutscene post-Shadar:
http://youtu.be/Eu706M_qToU
and thought that the entire story afterward felt sort of similar to the future arc in Tales of Graces f. This seemed like a perfect time to end the game. I sort of wish that the whole white witch story WAS the post game, granted the difficulty could be scaled up a bit.

Also, I am aware that the DS version ended after the shadar fight, Im just curious as to whether or not anyone feels the same way. Im thinking about what I could of changed in the post Shadar story to make it seem like a fitting end.
---
SF 93
HYEZS!
#2WeyjblotPosted 2/15/2013 10:16:07 PM
You could pretend like it ended after beating Shadar and consider The White Witch story being "the post game". It all felt dragged out and like it should have ended awhile ago, whereas if you treat it as post game it just sort of feels like aftermath from once everything was resolved.

Honestly, the game should have still been called "The Jet-Black Wizard" or "The Dark Djinn" to make any kind of sense.

More people that agree(topic was posted shortly before yours):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65465715
#3red eye dragoonPosted 2/15/2013 10:46:39 PM
The game should have been called "Ni No Kuni: The Despair of Shadar" and then the white witch could be post game, then after that it could have been the first game to have post-post game content.
---
"I am in the empire business!" -Walter White
Gamertag: Kenshin5435
#4CoditPosted 2/15/2013 10:56:52 PM
Just beat the game today, and I wholeheartedly agree. The part after Shadar felt almost exactly like the Future Arc in Tales of Graces F. Thankfully they didn't throw in an additional battle system mechanic like Accel after the main portion of the game was over. While Accel was a cool feature, it was added WAY too late. I'm happy Ni no Kuni didn't follow that lead.

It seems as if it was done in the same manner as well. Developers were less than satisfied with the original version, so when the port was made - they add / change some story to expand upon their vision. Both ToG and NNK had additions put on after the original, and it adds some feeling of incontinuity, but can be forgiven when it adds length to an already fun game.
#5Niky325(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:31:26 PM
I mean dont get me wrong, more game for the playing is a good thing, but even the cinematic for beating shadar (when oliver and the gang all march away from where they fought shadar) feels like it has the necessary closure to end the game.
---
SF 93
HYEZS!
#6samyam_aPosted 2/16/2013 12:12:29 AM
Even I just breezed through the rest of the game after Shadar! The Shadar boss battle was fun at my levels then (around 52) but after I just went through the 3 kingdoms and the White witch part pretty quick. I guess there was a little damage spike in the areas that were ahead, but that was easily overcome.