Who kinda knew that Shadar was (Spoiler)

#11gorfPosted 2/16/2013 7:25:17 PM
I called it. Both Oliver and Shadar are wizards with the power to siphon a person's emotional essence; the key difference being one uses the power for good and the other for evil.
#12VyviPosted 2/16/2013 7:28:07 PM
Yeah I thought that Shadar was either his soulmate or at least had something to do with his dark side etc... I also thought about the dad thing, I didn't really know which it was going to be. But, I wasn't surprised.
#13imsalingawayPosted 2/16/2013 7:58:35 PM
Well yeah, I mean the two characters even have the same colored hair. (Well, close enough) I mean it would've been dumb to set up this whole soulmate thing and not have have it involved with that at all.
#14missinglink00Posted 2/16/2013 9:04:55 PM
I thought the story was bad and not very original. There was story in the first 5% of the game and story at the last 5% of the game. in a 40 hour game there was maybe 30 min of actual story. I was pretty sure very early on it was gonna be olivers dumb soul mate. Although the dad thing did make sense.

The story was nowhere near what movies like spirited away/firefly/etc... bring to the table.

Game was alright but people saying the story was good/in depth. Not sure if we both played the same game. 5 seconds in i thought this game would have a solid plot. Then realized 5 hours in that it was very obvious how the entire story would go. I was correct at every turn. weak.
#15BIGFELLAH26Posted 2/16/2013 9:41:04 PM
missinglink00 posted...
I thought the story was bad and not very original. There was story in the first 5% of the game and story at the last 5% of the game. in a 40 hour game there was maybe 30 min of actual story. I was pretty sure very early on it was gonna be olivers dumb soul mate. Although the dad thing did make sense.

The story was nowhere near what movies like spirited away/firefly/etc... bring to the table.

Game was alright but people saying the story was good/in depth. Not sure if we both played the same game. 5 seconds in i thought this game would have a solid plot. Then realized 5 hours in that it was very obvious how the entire story would go. I was correct at every turn. weak.

Honestly, just because you didn't understand the story doesn't mean that it was bad. It's alright to admit you struggled to understand the game, but it isn't okay to lie and say that it basically had no story. That's pretty weak.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#16Bishop_SasaraiPosted 2/16/2013 10:04:05 PM
I didn't see it coming...I was happily surprised.
---
Anticipating the following: MGR: Revengeance (PS3), Tales of Xillia (PS3)
#17Niky325Posted 2/16/2013 10:06:29 PM
I was expecting pea to be his soulmate for some reason
---
SF 93
HYEZS!
#18crimson-falconPosted 2/16/2013 10:24:36 PM
grpark posted...
Thought he was his dad as well.

---
want to say (Great ) in other ways?
say (Tidy ) or ( Neato ) :)
#19Pao24Posted 2/16/2013 10:29:56 PM
dotsgalore218 posted...
I half expected Pea to be Olivers soul mate for some reason so i was also going with father.

This.

I didn't expect the soulmate thing, but it was still disappointing.
---
Gisela Helmold......the coolest woman nobody has heard of.
#20the_requiemPosted 2/16/2013 10:31:35 PM
missinglink00 posted...

Studio Ghibli movies have never really been about stories but characters in a believable fantasy world. IT isnot the grand story, but lil things they do that make them so alluring. I mean, do you remember what was story of My Neighbor Totoro?

Dunno if you went around talking to different NPCs or noticed the flow of take/give heart quests, but I did and it really made me care about lots of NPCs and I looked forward to seeing them again to see how their story unfolded.

If being unpredictable was the only merit of a good story, M Night Shymalan would be greatest writer ever. I mean, is LOTR any lesser just because you knew good guys would win? Or did you enjoy The Avengers any lesser coz you KNEW Avengers will win? This is not a suspense thriller whose quality hinges on unpredictability of the plot. I'd rather take a simple plot over one that is convoluted just for sake of it.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Unfinished Swan