This game is a lot like Dragon Quest.

#21ArsenicSteelPosted 2/18/2013 6:17:53 AM
I am playing Rogue Galaxy, DQVIII, and Ni No Kuni this month and similarities between DQVIII and NNK seem to be limited to genre tropes and cel shading.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#22badboyPosted 2/18/2013 6:35:27 AM(edited)
Yes it's very similar to Dragon Quest especially IX and VIII. IX was the best selling Dragon Quest title, hope Level-5 does DQ XI (offline).
#23utarefsonPosted 2/18/2013 6:42:20 AM
Thanatos2k posted...
utarefson posted...

Like the city building, and the randomized dungeon exploration, and the single character gameplay, and the stories which aren't similar at all?

Thank you for pointing out the differences...youre so helpful. The similarities are visual in nature. The main characters could be brothers. The towns remind me of the future towns in DC2..Heim rada is very similar to Hamelin. Big giant robot=Tin man. Cell shading...I could go on...but I cant be bothered when there are such knowledgable individuals such as yourself.
#24buddhafiedPosted 2/18/2013 11:40:40 AM
Tron-Burgundy posted...
Reminds me of Tetris.

This, needs to be bumped.
---
~ Saving the world one video game at a time
Playing: FFXII; Ni no Kuni; eagerly waiting for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn
#25Thanatos2kPosted 2/18/2013 11:45:07 AM
utarefson posted...
Thanatos2k posted...
utarefson posted...

Like the city building, and the randomized dungeon exploration, and the single character gameplay, and the stories which aren't similar at all?

Thank you for pointing out the differences...youre so helpful. The similarities are visual in nature. The main characters could be brothers. The towns remind me of the future towns in DC2..Heim rada is very similar to Hamelin. Big giant robot=Tin man. Cell shading...I could go on...but I cant be bothered when there are such knowledgable individuals such as yourself.

Those are the core gameplay elements. Games looking vaguely similar visually does not mean the games are anything alike.

Does that mean this game and Wild Arms 3 are similar?
---
-Thanatos2k-