Does this game make anyone else feel really... Happy?

#1LuigiohPosted 2/18/2013 2:17:22 AM
I don't know if it's the wonderful bright colours, or the fact that you play as a mild mannered 12 year old boy, but this game just genuinely makes me feel really happy as I play it. It's so immersive to me that it brings me back to my imaginative childhood and I feel as though I really am Oliver going on this amazing adventure to save someone that I hold very dear to my heart.

Haven't been this attached to a game since dark souls, and I only bought the game today. I cant put it down!

Does anybody else just get really happy playing this? General praise thread :)
---
26mg and declining keep it up man you can do this you want this
#2AlltraPosted 2/18/2013 2:39:25 AM
Really....happy? I hope that's not some kind of stealth innuendo.

In any event, yes. The game is a joy to play. It's very engrossing, like few other RPGs have been for me this generation. It's rare to find games that keep my interest this much, that I enjoy this thoroughly. Hell, even the flaws and the aspects I dislike don't seem to matter because of how thoroughly I enjoy the sum of it's parts.

There's an element of nostalgia too, since it reminds me of so many other RPGs that I love. I get especially nostalgic flying around on the dragon, and the music sure as hell helps because of how amazing it is.
---
I kill because I'm weak. Too weak to incapacitate an aggressor without killing them. Killing is easy. Not having to fight is hard.
#3scitch1Posted 2/18/2013 2:40:38 AM
yeah i know what you mean its amazing , i love games that do this , it sucks you in and makes you forget troubles of life too.

its a great game , studio ghibli films also have a similar affect on me
---
PSN = scott_2781
Add my PSN :)
#4sdfiqdhaPosted 2/18/2013 8:58:33 AM
It still makes me happy after 70+ hours
---
Why not? SFW?
#5Tom344Posted 2/18/2013 9:20:30 AM
It's the music, Dood.
#6Luigioh(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:15:21 PM
The music is simply amazing too.. Is the soundtrack for sale? I'm making my way through the golden place now.. That mushroom forest. The music is so soothing. It makes me not care that I have to go to work in 3 hours because I'll have this gem to come home to to soothe my mind :)
---
26mg and declining keep it up man you can do this you want this
#7Tom344Posted 2/18/2013 1:16:41 PM
Luigioh posted...
The music is simply amazing too.. Is the soundtrack for sale? I'm making my way through the golden place now.. That mushroom forest. The music is so soothing. It makes me not care that I have to go to work in 3 hours because I'll have this gem to come home to to soothe my mind :)

Probably, but, soundtracks in 2013?
Here you go. Www.youtube.com
#8trucluu_3Posted 2/18/2013 1:24:51 PM
Happy as in gay, well then yes indeed
#9imsalingawayPosted 2/18/2013 1:29:51 PM
I think, despite the fact that there was some flaws with the game, it's obvious that there was at least some passion behind the project. I hate when I play a game and you can feel that the production team is just fulfilling a list of requirements so they can add a big budget game to their resume. This felt like a game someone wanted to make.
#10Tom344Posted 2/18/2013 1:47:32 PM
imsalingaway posted...
I think, despite the fact that there was some flaws with the game, it's obvious that there was at least some passion behind the project. I hate when I play a game and you can feel that the production team is just fulfilling a list of requirements so they can add a big budget game to their resume. This felt like a game someone wanted to make.

Exactly. I remember I was playing the demo and I just got a sense of how someone clearly took their time with it.