Thumbelemur

#1wildhalcyonPosted 2/18/2013 10:31:28 AM
I just entered Ding Dong Well and got Thumbelemur. At first I was certain that he needed to level up and he would be great, but it seems in every battle if I use him instead of Mitey he takes ~15 damage and his attacks don't seem to stop any specials the monsters use.

So.. Does he get better? Both Mitey and Thumbelemur are level 8, and Mitey is 10 times better in battle.
#2noz3r0Posted 2/18/2013 10:33:58 AM
Mite has a strong early game. Once you morph both of these familiars it becomes clear who is stronger.
---
Currently Writing for: Ni no Kuni
Prolific Contributor: www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/32351.html
#3AlltraPosted 2/18/2013 10:38:18 AM
The whole "Interrupt attacks" mechanic is unreliable anyway.
---
I kill because I'm weak. Too weak to incapacitate an aggressor without killing them. Killing is easy. Not having to fight is hard.
#4wildhalcyon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:42:32 AM
Okay, I'll probably ignore the lemur for now than, and just let him level up a bit. I like his speed, but he feels very weak.
#5dwm042Posted 2/18/2013 11:03:13 AM
In the early game the lemur is a change of pace attacker you use to interrupt slow attackers with slow developing attacks. By third transformation, the lemur gains useful healing spells and completely changes roles.

D-
#6MikeRoxTheBoatPosted 2/18/2013 7:21:02 PM
I used Thumblemur a lot, actually. I replace Mite with him pretty much right when I got him. They faster attack speed combined with psyche up made the earlier battles go by pretty quick.

At that point in the game, boss attack 'tells' were big enough that I could easily swap to Oliver in order to defend, then bring the Lemur back out to attack again.

I ended up dropping both Mite and Thumblemur once I got a Purrloiner, though, since he pretty much outclasses both of them.
#7AceviperPosted 2/18/2013 7:47:36 PM
the real problem with the lemur at that point of the game is that he is not Oliver's preferred genus

so Mite gets an extra 10% stat bonus to take advantage of compared to the lemur

the lemur is a pretty good early familiar for the character that prefers his genus though
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#8MoonlightJustPosted 2/18/2013 8:16:06 PM
The lemur of doom is pretty useful. Psyche up is decent for interupting long casting attacks ((The boss of the sewers never got anything off thanks to it)) and he attacks really fast overall. Mite WILL take a good deal less damage though. Overall I am more fond of Mite, but both will do the job.
#9najzerePosted 2/19/2013 1:04:30 AM
I preferred the lemur right when I got it since it was so fast, but Mitey overtook it in damage pretty quickly. I got rid of Mitey fairly early on (traded him in for a Purrloiner), and have since leveled the lemur to its final evolution. Now it's a lackluster attacker with good evasion and decent accuracy and I'm looking for something to replace it. I kind of wish I had stuck with Mitey since I get all sorts of armor and shields later in the game and I have no one to put them on.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#10Tim333Posted 2/19/2013 1:48:07 AM
I've found my Aye-Aye Catcher to be easily the most useless familiar in my active party. It doesn't really do anything well. Maybe it does eventually, I dunno.
---
Game Center CX... Kacho ON!