I just beat this game, so doing post game stuff now...

#1castrejon04Posted 2/21/2013 9:44:17 AM
I clocked around 42 hours for this game, and I'm planning on doing some post game stuff and probably put another 8 hours into the game of just pure fun stuff.

I want to do all the errands, but are there any that are very hard to do or take forever to complete? If that's the case, I'll just do the ones I want.

I really don't care about capturing all the familiars or maxing anything out like familiarity, training, or Lvs. It's just a waste of time now since I'm done with the game. There is no need for that.

Alchemy, screwed that.

Are there any post game dungeons or fun sidequests that aren't too long or overly complicated?
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#2rgkovach123Posted 2/21/2013 10:03:26 AM
the very last errand is a grind to collect the ingredients.
there are some strategies to make it go faster, but expect to spend 2-4 hours grinding to get what you need to complete it.

do a search for "scroll of truth" and "kaleidostone".

otherwise all the other post-game stuff is really fun.
#3colstripcapnPosted 2/21/2013 10:05:34 AM
Most of the tasks are more of the same that you've already seen, but do appear to require more traveling. Not an issue at that point in the game though as you can warp around and fly where you need to go.
#4castrejon04(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:35:19 AM
rgkovach123 posted...
the very last errand is a grind to collect the ingredients.
there are some strategies to make it go faster, but expect to spend 2-4 hours grinding to get what you need to complete it.

do a search for "scroll of truth" and "kaleidostone".

otherwise all the other post-game stuff is really fun.

Well I'm going to avoid that one for sure.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#5KonstrixPosted 2/21/2013 12:02:40 PM
The sense of accomplishment after finally being able to craft the item for the last errand was awesome, at least for me anyway. It also did not take that long to finish and is greatly exaggerated by most people. Do it!
#6VGMusicFreakPosted 2/21/2013 9:39:28 PM
You should pretty much focus on doing first the quest involving those robots you saw around the world (get the quest in the final dungeon)
Then I would go about finishing all the quests that you can stand. It is pretty obvious when you hit the annoying ones. Off the top of my head you should skip the one that involves talking to everyone in Castaway Cove to find treasure hints, Darwin's stupid quest, and that one where some girl wants you to level her familiar 20 levels and bring it back, totally pointless. Otherwise, most of the side quests are pretty quick so you should do all the quick ones and take out all the hunts.

Then I would focus on the bonus bosses. You meet someone who tells you about the quest in Ding Dong Dell and perhaps can start it on your own by going through a hole in the cliff east of the entrance to the second forest. From there you pretty much just get extra bosses for hunts to take out followed by the hardest one.

It is up to you if you really want to go through all the arena fights. I found the S rank to be too hard to be worth the effort but beating all the way through to give S a few tries might be worth it. S rank is harder than the extra boss mentioned above.

Hope that helps.
---
Looking Forward to: Final Fantasy VS XIII
#7KarsticlesPosted 2/21/2013 9:59:07 PM
Is the S rank arena the same as the fight before you finish the game? I beat the A rank fight before finishing, so I'd be surprised if the S rank was really that hard.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#8DirtsiftPosted 2/21/2013 10:06:01 PM
I'm also in your shoes. Just trying to complete all the 'story' like side quests before i drop the game completely

There's Horace's (not really post-game) and quest 131... that's it...
#9najzerePosted 2/22/2013 2:16:05 AM
I recommend not passing up the Conductor errand, I thought it was the most interesting story of the game.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#10KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/22/2013 4:13:25 AM
Konstrix posted...
The sense of accomplishment after finally being able to craft the item for the last errand was awesome, at least for me anyway. It also did not take that long to finish and is greatly exaggerated by most people. Do it!

This, it took my less than 3 hours to get my 5 Scrolls of Truth and Kalidestones. I just made use of my Wii U gamepad and watched a few things on Lovefilm while I was grinding. Went quite quick and really wasn't that bad compared to some of the grinding in other RPGs.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - THE PLAYSTATION 4, FFvsXIII, GTAV, Lightning Returns