Nevermore Story Question: (Obvious spoilers)

#1Pat973Posted 2/24/2013 5:06:26 PM
Alright, I did a search and I wasn't able to find anything like this being asked.

We know that Alicia used breach time and gateway.

I'm pretty sure they do explain this in game, but I probably missed it.
But what was the exact reason that Oliver couldnt' bring back her mom. He did manage to get her pendant sometime during this game.
#2AnimeJet_V2Posted 2/24/2013 5:08:59 PM
Cause she's dead, you can't bring people back from the dead. o_O
---
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 http://www.formspring.me/AnimeJet
Created: May 12, 2001, Lv. 2 Locked @ 2837 Karma; Bad, GameFAQS!
#3_Spes_Posted 2/24/2013 5:10:22 PM
Because she died. And she had no soul mate because the cost of her moving forward in time was the cost of severing her connection to her soul mate.
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#4Pat973(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 5:12:16 PM
Thanks.

I just wanted to know why they weren't able to save the soulmate.
#5AnimeJet_V2Posted 2/24/2013 5:16:39 PM
There is no soulmate to save, I can't tell if you've understood that from either of your posts. Alicia IS Oliver's mom, so when his mom died that was alicia dying because she did not actually get trapped like drippy thought.

Sorry if you already got that, just from the way you were posting it seems like you didn't get it.
---
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 http://www.formspring.me/AnimeJet
Created: May 12, 2001, Lv. 2 Locked @ 2837 Karma; Bad, GameFAQS!
#6Pat973(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 5:20:03 PM
Thanks anime,

Alright, now it make sense. I knew i got some stuff twisted up during the nevermore session of the game. And no, I didn't know that there was no soulmate to save.
#7_Spes_Posted 2/24/2013 5:20:44 PM
Tis why. What Oliver should do is train another wizard and have him Breach Time to before Oliver decided to drive the Philmobile; to prevent his mother from needing to be saved. Although, in doing that he would never have been able to be a wizard himself because he would have had no need to travel to the other world. OH SNAP TIME CONFUSION! If Oliver knew Apus was the one to blame for sabotaging the wheel on the Philmobile, he could train another wizard to breach time and stop Apus and the White Witch. But that wouldn't have worked because only Oliver was the pure-hearted one of legend. Allie is never coming back.
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#8Pat973(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 5:32:26 PM
Last thing, sorry if this question sounds stupid.

If I'm reading Anime's post correctly It's stating that the death of Oliver's mom resulted in the death of Alicia, but didn't alicia severe any connection to the soulmate?
#9_Spes_Posted 2/24/2013 5:54:46 PM
Pat973 posted...

If I'm reading Anime's post correctly It's stating that the death of Oliver's mom resulted in the death of Alicia, but didn't alicia severe any connection to the soulmate?

Alicia WAS Oliver's mom. If I am correct in my interpretation, Alicia going forward in time is what severed the connection to the soul mate. She didn't have a soul mate because that was the consequence.
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#10gws0891Posted 2/24/2013 6:31:03 PM
Pat973 posted...

Alicia traveled forward in time and crossed over to Ollie's world, then gave birth to Oliver, Shadar's new soulmate. Alicia WAS Ollie's mom, not soulmate but the same person. She has no soulmate and she died for real when she dies in the beginning of the game. All this is revealed in the same cutscene so you must not have paid attention.