Every time I try to capture a familiar

#1AsellusaPosted 2/24/2013 6:35:04 PM
Oliver casts Ward and cancels my serenade.

It makes me want to punch him in the throat.
---
[PSN: kaliechancan]
I have crap luck and find glitches everywhere.
#2jesse7150Posted 2/24/2013 6:36:57 PM
literally never had that happen. and oliver is set to give it your all.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#3zyrax2301Posted 2/24/2013 6:50:40 PM
I've only had one time when the AI got in the way of a capture - I gave Mite to Swaine who used Cut Loose at the start of the battle, and because I'd already downed all of the enemies using Earsplitter that killed the one which was waiting to be Serenaded. I decided to remove Cut Loose from him then and it hasn't happened again.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4I_phantomPosted 2/24/2013 8:08:39 PM
The only time it's happened to me was when I switched directly from Mite to Esther and somehow Mite pulled off a cut loose before I could finish hitting serenade.

I promptly removed that skill and got the familiar a few battles later but I was pretty annoyed.
#5GlamadorPosted 2/24/2013 9:00:40 PM
I've had this happen a lot while stealing, but not too often when capturing, though it has happened.

The AI when set to "All defense" (which you really should do if you're trying to get golden glims at least) will not always JUST defend. They will also, for some ungodly reason, cast defensive buffs and healing spells as well.
#6najzerePosted 2/24/2013 10:55:22 PM
I had Oliver set to "Don't use abilities" the whole game so he wouldn't mess me up when I had to switch off him.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#7Asellusa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 11:14:19 PM
Seems like the AI just hates me then.

Happened at least six (maybe more) times before I bulked and swapped him to no skills.

I think this game would've been a lot better (not to say it isn't enjoyable as is) if the AI wasn't so crazy all over the place.

But at least it's nothing like those old vanilla Persona 3 days with Mitsuru...
---
[PSN: kaliechancan]
I have crap luck and find glitches everywhere.