Naja or Purrloiner line?

#1jetspikefeverPosted 2/26/2013 1:20:32 AM
I'm just past Hamelin and I'm trying to decide which line to go with for the rest of the game as the main fammy for Oliver.

Anyone have a preference and why? I only have 1 slot, so I wanna make a choice which I should keep leveling up and which I should drop off and forget. Thanks for any input!!
#2XeirosPosted 2/26/2013 1:36:13 AM(edited)
Naja for late/post game easily. In the late levels it pulls ahead of the Purrloiner line by a noticeable margin. The cat gets most of its stats early; by level 70+ you'll only be seeing +1 to a stat at best with some stats not increasing at all for a level increase, whereas the snake gets consistent stat increases all the way to 99.

It will end up having better Attack, Magic Attack, Defense, and Magic Defense than the Cat. The Cat will have better Evasion with Accuracy being about equal.
---
GT:ComeSweetDeath
#3najzerePosted 2/26/2013 2:14:27 AM
Puss for style, Naja for min/maxing. What are in your other two slots? I'd take both.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#4robmephistoPosted 2/26/2013 2:32:37 AM
Naja has pretty low defense to start with and will get stomped early on. Purrloiner stays useful through most of the game so I'd stick with that as your main, that's what I did.
#5jetspikefever(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 2:40:30 AM
I have a healer and tank in my other spots. Maybe I'll ditch the bighorn and just go puss baja healer trio. Is there a reason to keep a familiar with big Def stats or is it on to have two attackers towards end game?
#6jesse7150Posted 2/26/2013 7:20:52 AM
you use esther as your tank/healer/dps oli doesn't need a healer or a tank. Just high damage with good defenese familiars.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#7ChrisTheHeroPosted 2/27/2013 10:12:44 AM
robmephisto posted...
Naja has pretty low defense to start with and will get stomped early on. Purrloiner stays useful through most of the game so I'd stick with that as your main, that's what I did.

Same here, i've now got a level 38 mahnaja that i've had since the beginning, trained alongside a purloiner, both were max leveled at every stage, yet the mahnaja is waaaaaaaaaay behind in defense, using it is a risk as it get pummeled and looses loads of hp compared to puss in boats
---
Xbox: Agent Gibbs CTP - PSN ID: AgentGibbsCTP - Steam: Agent_Gibbs_CTP -
3DS 3780-900-43382 -AgentGibbs
#8XeirosPosted 2/27/2013 10:23:11 AM
ChrisTheHero posted...
robmephisto posted...

Same here, i've now got a level 38 mahnaja that i've had since the beginning, trained alongside a purloiner, both were max leveled at every stage, yet the mahnaja is waaaaaaaaaay behind in defense, using it is a risk as it get pummeled and looses loads of hp compared to puss in boats
As I already explained the Purrloiner line gets the majority of it's stats early due to its growth rate. The higher their levels, the more the Naja line pulls away.
---
GT:ComeSweetDeath
#9andrewlktPosted 2/27/2013 2:47:30 PM
You're better off using both. Have the current stronger one as your main. Naja doesn't really catch up until around level 50-60. Ditch the caster on Oliver. If you want to cast something on Oliver, switch to Oliver.