game get any better?

#11ultraroboninjaPosted 2/26/2013 10:32:26 AM
I found the game got a lot more interesting once you get the other party members. Oliver is frankly a pretty dull kid, and combat is also pretty basic when it's just him.

You can turn off the star in the options menu as well if you don't want the quest objectives spoon fed to you either.
#12lanifPosted 2/26/2013 10:43:27 AM
the game is crap the whole way not worth playing at all yep doesn't get any better at all
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#13XeirosPosted 2/26/2013 11:15:15 AM
Did you just whine about something you have complete control over in game? Really? Take a few seconds to bring up the options and actually read them before you start going off on a game for no good reason. This game does have legitimate flaws, but this sure as hell isn't one of them.
---
GT:ComeSweetDeath
#14DestinPosted 2/26/2013 11:31:55 AM
rutgurt posted...
Fast travel and map markers are the unfortunate result of a lazy mainstream audience of players to which the developers have catered to.

when hardcore gamers are willing to pay $200 a game, you'll get rid of the mainstream.

people who complain about fast travel are children who don't understand the value of time.
---
Destin the Valiant
#15CougarTaiPosted 2/26/2013 11:36:47 AM
I really don't know if you're going to like it any more than you currently do (which doesnt seem like much).

Enjoyment depends on your taste. I've always liked JRPG's but really don't have much time to play them anymore or have much time to figure things out, so I find the stars helpful. If you're into more action based RPG's or games, you may want to look elsewhere.

The story is pretty basic fanfare ... It's charming but doesn't really present anything new. I still found it entertaining and heartwarming ...

It's not to say you're wrong for not liking the game so far, it just might not be for you
#16BigReedPosted 2/26/2013 11:48:43 AM
It sounds like you don't like rpgs at all.

There is a ton of side stuff to do in Ni no Kuni. Most of it during the adventure, and even more after you complete the story.

Having a marker on your map for a sense of direction makes things easier. Even Skyrim, which is a game that is heralded for player freedom, has a marker for 99% of its missions.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#17rutgurt(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 12:00:24 PM
i love RPG's, also a lot of hardcore RPG players didn't like Skyrim having the marker or fast travel. Hence why Morrowind is still considered by many purists as the best in the series.

Anyways, I turned the marker off in Ni No Kuni and am finding it much more immersible and enjoyable.
---
Currently playing: The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, Torchlight II, Dark Souls, Darksiders II, Resident Evil 6, Dishonored
#18AsellusaPosted 2/26/2013 12:02:15 PM
I actually like the marker because it gives me more of a sense of where the path ends and I can stray from there to explore and do my own there.

I'm more annoyed at the fact that I have to basically confirm what spell to use before being able to use it, despite me figuring it out.

But what this game lacks in gameplay, it makes up in visuals, music, and story.
---
[PSN: kaliechancan]
I have crap luck and find glitches everywhere.
#19ZeroGravity38Posted 2/26/2013 12:05:19 PM
When you get the Dragon it's funner.
---
PSN: ZeroGravity38
SSBB FC:1679-1467-0742
#20BigReedPosted 2/26/2013 12:19:11 PM
rutgurt posted...
i love RPG's, also a lot of hardcore RPG players didn't like Skyrim having the marker or fast travel. Hence why Morrowind is still considered by many purists as the best in the series.

Anyways, I turned the marker off in Ni No Kuni and am finding it much more immersible and enjoyable.

Those are the same maniacs that told me the original Persona was amazing, and Fallout was better than Fallout 3.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.