best tactics per character?

#1random_noobiePosted 2/28/2013 3:01:51 AM
i have oliver set on, "go all out".

esther and swaine are set to, "provide back-up".

i did have esther set to, "keep us healthy", but, she spent more time in human form then using familiars.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#2zatheusPosted 2/28/2013 8:16:13 AM
I change them depending on what I'm doing at the time. Most of the time I have everyone set to "Do what you like", but occasionally I'll have them set to do nothing at all (if I'm trying to steal items from a specific monster for example), or set to not use abilities. It's relatively easy to change it depending on the situation.
#3doraemonllh1989Posted 2/28/2013 8:23:08 AM
there is no best tactic

the ai tactic in this game just plain suck to be honest =.=
---
PC GAMERS HAD TO BE THE MOST INSECURE GROUP OF GAMERS
#4Black_BoxxPosted 2/28/2013 11:12:36 AM
Don't Use Abilities

The AI actually listens to it. They don't waste their mp on mooks. They just fight. You can override it with the All-out commands when you need healing or a quick burst of damage.

Other than Go All Out, and Don't Do Anything (which are terrible AI settings), the AI won't listen. It's all just code for Go All Out.
#5owned2dabonePosted 2/28/2013 4:24:30 PM
Black_Boxx posted...
Don't Use Abilities

The AI actually listens to it. They don't waste their mp on mooks. They just fight. You can override it with the All-out commands when you need healing or a quick burst of damage.

Other than Go All Out, and Don't Do Anything (which are terrible AI settings), the AI won't listen. It's all just code for Go All Out.

Agree 100%. I wish there were more choices (like heal when life is below x%) and that you could change the tactics while using the familiar.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls, RE6, SSFIV
#6random_noobie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 3:07:41 AM
bump.

and, is there a way to get them to use their third familiar? they just seem to cycle between the first two.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
#7random_noobie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 3:25:22 PM
random_noobie posted...
bump.

and, is there a way to get them to use their third familiar? they just seem to cycle between the first two.

see above.

no matter what tactics i use, they never seem to switch to the third familiar. both swaine and esther have a spell-caster familiar in their third slot. perhaps that's the reasoning.
---
#8WarBeaglePosted 3/1/2013 4:04:48 PM
I tend to control Oliver. I set the other two to "Don't use abilities" except for in boss fights where I set Esther to healing.
---
"come on Max. Let's go before more of them show up" he started up the car and drove to Arizona.
#9lisatsunamiPosted 3/1/2013 4:07:28 PM
My non-leading characters switch to their third and second familiars quite often. I have no idea why, except maybe due to their signs or skills.