Instant Kill Tricks

#1DarkZeroGSPosted 3/8/2013 3:01:46 AM
okay are there any instant kill tricks out there? Since currently I just entered miasma marshes and I fought some monsters there. When all of a sudden one of them put me to sleep and then the other monster casted a trick on me which made me die instantly.
#2AceviperPosted 3/8/2013 3:05:18 AM
yes there are
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#3AaklaPosted 3/8/2013 3:05:31 AM
that happened to me a few times through out the game. only happened to me in that part of the game like twice. It shouldn't be a regular thing.
#4the voidPosted 3/8/2013 3:12:13 AM
They seem to have a really low chance to work.

When I went through the miasma marsh, an enemy insta-killed Esther just as another enemy had hearts appear over it. That was the only time I've been hit with an insta-kill.
---
void in your head, void between your ears, void everywhere
#5GlamadorPosted 3/8/2013 10:02:01 AM
the void posted...
They seem to have a really low chance to work.

When I went through the miasma marsh, an enemy insta-killed Esther just as another enemy had hearts appear over it. That was the only time I've been hit with an insta-kill.

There are insta-kill tricks for single target and AOE, as well as some Golden Glim attacks with the same effect but better.

I have never had them work in any reliable capacity. But they DO work on my partymates fairly often, so I make sure to kill all enemies that I know can use them. The Sinister Sovereigns (Ice Maiden group) always die first (unless there's a Toko in the party) for instance.

The only time I can ever recall an insta-kill spell being useful in a JRPG is...gods all the way back in Breath of Fire 2 where the Giant Slime on Monster Island was vulnerable to it to the extent that it worked every time.
#6the voidPosted 3/8/2013 5:58:30 PM
Glamador posted...

The only time I can ever recall an insta-kill spell being useful in a JRPG is...gods all the way back in Breath of Fire 2 where the Giant Slime on Monster Island was vulnerable to it to the extent that it worked every time.

Wow, I vaguely remember that Island.

Instant kills are good in most of the megaTen games. In some of them weakness == 100% accuracy, and pretty much all undead/slime/etc are weak to expel and most angels are weak against death.
---
void in your head, void between your ears, void everywhere
#7TohruAdachiPosted 3/8/2013 9:23:17 PM
Yeah the Gemini or Ghost familiars or whatever usually have a dark skill that instantly kills you with a quite low chance though I wouldn't rely to much on it
#8LamesyPosted 3/9/2013 6:50:23 AM
Don't forget the infamous Final Fantasy VI (III SNES-US) Vanish/X-Zone trick!