Going for 100% alchemy completion, need some tips...

#1dtx109Posted 3/10/2013 2:54:57 PM
I've read a few different guides online, but I'm still having trouble finding a way to reliably farm the rare ingredients (troll's tears, evil eye, etc.). I've got kaleidostones and scrolls of truth pretty well covered, but I am looking for tips on the best way to consistently farm the others.

Anyone here with experience in farming these rare drops?
---
PSN ID: dtx109
#2DjRajmanPosted 3/10/2013 3:44:30 PM
dtx109 posted...
I've read a few different guides online, but I'm still having trouble finding a way to reliably farm the rare ingredients (troll's tears, evil eye, etc.). I've got kaleidostones and scrolls of truth pretty well covered, but I am looking for tips on the best way to consistently farm the others.

Wait til post game and grind up for the guardian of the worlds

he seems to cycle through rare items (ie kaleidostones, scrolls, evil eye, allseeting eye, glowstone etc)

great way to grind up for the 250 familiar trophy

best to have a demoliceros, lumberwood, bone baron and healers like naiad, fluorongo and beachhead or watever it is
---
PSN ID - Dangermouse87
360 - Dangerm0use87
#3dtx109(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 4:00:03 PM
DjRajman posted...
dtx109 posted...

Wait til post game and grind up for the guardian of the worlds

he seems to cycle through rare items (ie kaleidostones, scrolls, evil eye, allseeting eye, glowstone etc)

great way to grind up for the 250 familiar trophy

best to have a demoliceros, lumberwood, bone baron and healers like naiad, fluorongo and beachhead or watever it is

Awesome. I had beaten him and received a kaleidostone before, but I didn't know that he cycled through the various rare drops. Thanks for the info!
---
#4AlltraPosted 3/10/2013 4:22:15 PM(edited)
Trolls Tears are pretty easy to farm. You can steal them off of Golden Psychophants in Golden Grove, and they appear pretty frequently. I actually think they're one of the easier materials to farm.

Angel Wings are a B****** to farm. You either have to go after Golden Triumphant Steals in Golden Grove, which almost never appear, or rely on the drops of Golden Uni-Bopper in Deep Dark Woods, which are pretty rare.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#5dtx109(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 5:53:15 PM
Alright, one more question regarding Guardian of Worlds drops. Does he drop all possible rare alchemy ingredients, or are there some that are not attainable through him?
---
#6dtx109(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 7:39:19 PM
Bump
---
#7jerky_666Posted 3/11/2013 1:20:16 AM
I think he has six different drops. It might be less than that, but I'm not sure. Bumping for more helpful response than mine, hopefully.