Best Attacker for Oliver/Best mage for Esther?

#1Gamegeek123Posted 4/5/2013 1:40:54 AM
Currently I have the following for Oliver:

1. Scrapdragon - Good movement/attack rating, does not disappoint especially when equipped with Primordial sword. It also has War Cry I think that makes its raw damage surpass even the Naja's.

2. Najapatra - Great damage but it recoils too much which hinders its DPS

3. Blessie Plessie - The blue attacker one, it's slow and uses Psyche Up, but it is tankier than the snake and deals more damage with its elemental tricks because you can equip a Water scale on it.

Dino is primarily a physical nuker and I am looking for one consistent Damage dealer on my team. Are there any better recommendations than the ones I mentioned above for post-game? Which one should I include?

For Esther's mages:

1. Acee - one of the highest magic attackers, genus affinity, learns Parp which is my secondary field clearing trick when there are familiars with physical resistances.

2. Nightcap - With the sword that gives +90 magic, the Nightcap has around 500 magic which is the highest out of my party, and it also learns wind trick gems so it is an excellent mage with gust buster and Twinkle Twinkle.

Are there better recommendations for her? Which one is best for her? Honky Tonker does not benefit from genus affinity and doesn't learn any good non-field damage tricks.
---
Shogunate
#2KOTRsssPosted 4/5/2013 1:57:30 AM
I couldnt find anything with higher magic attack than my hoggle boggle, but I've heard good things about the ice maiden line.

As for physical attackers, I'm fairly certain that it's simply impossible to top dinoceros but dont quote me on that, since I didnt do post content.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#3ShadeerrorPosted 4/5/2013 7:59:40 AM
It's cheezy, but.... if you want to TRULY maximize dps on Oliver, get either two Catastroceros (or one Cata and one Demoliceros to add some variety like i did) and just rotate Haymaker and Boulder between them or Earsplitter. Expressos and Cappuchinos are so easy to come by that skill spam shouldn't ever be a problem. Also, if ever there's any downtime between the two, just rotate in Oliver and spam Pulse until the cooldowns reset. It's a cheezy stunlock but it works.
#4ShadeerrorPosted 4/5/2013 8:03:07 AM
Also, for esther, if you're done taming familiars swap her out for Marcassin as comparatively marcassin is a better all around character. max out a Mandragorer through to Tundragorer and you end up with somewhere around a 440 matk. Mine maxed out at 441 without treats. He has Upsy Daisy and Restorer Aura which makes him a great support alongside his offensive tricks.
#5Gamegeek123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 8:16:57 AM
Shadeerror posted...
Also, for esther, if you're done taming familiars swap her out for Marcassin as comparatively marcassin is a better all around character. max out a Mandragorer through to Tundragorer and you end up with somewhere around a 440 matk. Mine maxed out at 441 without treats. He has Upsy Daisy and Restorer Aura which makes him a great support alongside his offensive tricks.

Esther is highly underrated IMO.

*Spoilers*

When I farm the post-game boss I have two Catastroceros and 1 Demoliceros all maxed and I simply keep Esther so she can spam her party Attack Buff to augment every Dino on the team. Her ultimate move also buffs the party immensely which makes my party take out the boss even faster. Marcassin may have overall better stats but he won't be using his magic arsenal more so than using a Dino. Esther provides excellent attack buffs.
---
Shogunate
#6ShadeerrorPosted 4/5/2013 8:29:30 AM
I find it easier to just throw a Dino on each party member and put them to all out attack. Give them Haymaker/Boulder/Earsplitter and Warcry and they'll do considerably more damage per mp than the amount of time wasted on esther casting her party augment skills. Also, the fact that marcassin has higher HP/MP means he has more sustainability and more time to spam damaging skills, making efficient boss killing time that much quicker. I'd rather have marcassin rotate through an arsenal of healing/damage dealing skills than esther blowing mana on defensive augmenting buffs or the possibility of actually casting an attack increasing buff. If you really want to cheeze the game, give Marcassin two dinos and a Lumberwood, and Swaine two Dinos and a paleolith and just watch things die.
#7johnrayjrPosted 4/5/2013 9:01:55 AM
Catastrocerous is great for Earsplitter/Bowlder. Mahanaja is fairly strong/fast but even at high levels, has relatively low defense and can be interrupted easily depending on the enemy. Puss in Boats has relatively low attack in the endgame, but also access to a range of elemental weapons as well as the Radiant Blade (can often heal himself as fast as he takes damage).

Also, from what I've observed, if you cast War Cry with Catastrocerous and then switch to Maha or Puss, they still get the bonus until it wears off.
#8Gamegeek123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 9:58:07 AM
Shadeerror posted...
I find it easier to just throw a Dino on each party member and put them to all out attack. Give them Haymaker/Boulder/Earsplitter and Warcry and they'll do considerably more damage per mp than the amount of time wasted on esther casting her party augment skills. Also, the fact that marcassin has higher HP/MP means he has more sustainability and more time to spam damaging skills, making efficient boss killing time that much quicker. I'd rather have marcassin rotate through an arsenal of healing/damage dealing skills than esther blowing mana on defensive augmenting buffs or the possibility of actually casting an attack increasing buff. If you really want to cheeze the game, give Marcassin two dinos and a Lumberwood, and Swaine two Dinos and a paleolith and just watch things die.

It's quite simply really. Rather than rotating through three characters all casting War Cry because the AI seldom does it, switch to Esther and cast War Cry. Marcassin's spells are very weak anyway and he gets outclassed by my Sprite and Turban Myth
---
Shogunate