Dinoceros, best way to train?

#11Nickvda(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 12:47:31 PM
Gentlemen, I love the way this discussion is heading, it was what I was looking forward to!

Personally, I haven't encountered anything (haven't powerlvled at all, except now because the story bores me) which seemed to require any skill of any kind (not on easy if that's what you're thinking).

However, especially because the story doesn't interest me all that much I want to clear stuff fast. And the AI isn't helping in that regard, so being a little overpowered.. I'll welcome it :)
#12ShadeerrorPosted 4/7/2013 3:17:07 PM
Higher level chocolate is actually deceiving if your goal is truly stat maximization. The second tier chocolate, Milk Chocolate, is actually the best chocolate to feed for stat maximization. Princess Chocolate gives 6 "bubbles" for 5 smileys, while milk chocolate gives 2 for every one. Milk Chocolate is infinitely easier to make as well, and every 10 familiarity will provide 20 gain as opposed to 12. Feed your dino 10 Milk chocolate, fight 10 battles, then repeat. This is the quickest way to maximize stats. Familiarity will gain at the same rate no matter what you feed him.
#13TheBonfiniPosted 4/11/2013 4:39:55 PM
Shadeerror posted...
Higher level chocolate is actually deceiving if your goal is truly stat maximization. The second tier chocolate, Milk Chocolate, is actually the best chocolate to feed for stat maximization. Princess Chocolate gives 6 "bubbles" for 5 smileys, while milk chocolate gives 2 for every one. Milk Chocolate is infinitely easier to make as well, and every 10 familiarity will provide 20 gain as opposed to 12. Feed your dino 10 Milk chocolate, fight 10 battles, then repeat. This is the quickest way to maximize stats. Familiarity will gain at the same rate no matter what you feed him.

Just pointing out this is my experience as well. Didn't make any sense to make Princess Chocolates considering the time sink AND less productive stat gains compared to milk chocolate, which is infinitely easier to make with easily accessible Milk and Chocolate combined.

I just picked up the game again after finally scoring a dino so I was looking for whom gets the stat bonus. Then I remembered the game tells you which type of familiar is better with which character.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#14the_requiemPosted 4/11/2013 9:27:50 PM
Shadeerror posted...

Let me point out a small error in your assumption which is how much attack gain each bubble is worth.

Milk chocolate gives 8-10 points of attack gain while Princess Chocolate gives 115-125. So, you get an attack gain of 80-100 from 10 smileys [you're full] while PC gives you 230-250 from 10 smileys.

MC givs +1 familiarity and PC gives +32. So, you will get +10 familiarity before you become full while PC will give +64 familiarity before you are full and need to fight.

MC's only advantage is how easy it is to make it. But from stat gain perspective PC blows it out of water.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Unfinished Swan
#15murgyverPosted 4/11/2013 10:03:59 PM
Then I remembered the game tells you which type of familiar is better with which character.

Where is this told?
---
PSN: murgyver
#16KingRamzPosted 4/12/2013 1:00:50 PM
When you go to the Familiars and Friends screen and select a familiar and hit square to move it, three genus icons appear next to each character. If one matches the familiar you're moving, it will wiggle.
#17AceviperPosted 4/13/2013 3:46:43 AM
Shadeerror posted...

the bubbles are very misleading

each bubble is not equivalent

princess chocolates will give better attack per hunger than milk chocolates and is faster to max them out provided you have them readily available.
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone