Attack Speed questions

#1jtrevor99Posted 4/9/2013 4:04:20 PM
If this has been addressed in the FAQs or elsewhere, I haven't seen it.

Anyway...what effects, exactly, do Attack Speed have in battle? Specifically:
(1) How many hits per turn can a 1-star Familiar make, versus a 5-star Familiar? (My informal observation seems to indicate a Familiar gets one more hit for each star...a 1-star gets 2 hits while a 5-star gets 6 hits. Can anyone confirm that?)
(2) Does Attack Speed affect the speed of Trick execution?
(3) If I'm right in #1, then wouldn't the best physical attacker in general be the one with the highest Attack Power multiplied by Attack Speed, NOT the one with the highest Attack Power? (According to the IGN spreadsheet, that would be Najapatra.)
#2Gamegeek123Posted 4/9/2013 4:42:23 PM
jtrevor99 posted...
If this has been addressed in the FAQs or elsewhere, I haven't seen it.

Anyway...what effects, exactly, do Attack Speed have in battle? Specifically:
(1) How many hits per turn can a 1-star Familiar make, versus a 5-star Familiar? (My informal observation seems to indicate a Familiar gets one more hit for each star...a 1-star gets 2 hits while a 5-star gets 6 hits. Can anyone confirm that?)
(2) Does Attack Speed affect the speed of Trick execution?
(3) If I'm right in #1, then wouldn't the best physical attacker in general be the one with the highest Attack Power multiplied by Attack Speed, NOT the one with the highest Attack Power? (According to the IGN spreadsheet, that would be Najapatra.)

1) from my experience, familiars attack the same amount of hits as their attack stars. If you, however, spam attack, the familiar will follow up with their next hit in the next turn.

For example, Esther has 1 star attack speed. On her first turn, she winds up and attacks once around halfway through the turn. However, when you press attack again, she will instantly do her next attack in that next turn. That might be why you think 1-star familiars get two hits and so on.

2) I doubt it has any effect
---
Shogunate
#3KiThirstyPosted 4/9/2013 6:44:50 PM
Naja attacks several times quickly, then waits for a while before attacking several times quickly again. It has bad defenses and horrible recoil when it gets hit. It often gets stun locked after its first chain of attacks. Many other familiars have decent or great attack, good AI, and can use accessories that boost their attack speed.
#4the_requiemPosted 4/11/2013 10:37:05 PM
Yep, Najapatras would be best but as already pointed out, all that power comes with some vulnerability. If you're using high Speed fams for power, you're doing it wrong. They're very good at interrupting enemy attacks and generating gold glims. Try out 3 Najapatras, if you time it right you can practically catch almost every stunnable enemy in a stun loop.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Unfinished Swan