Tips for Guardian of worlds mk2 (spoilers?)

#1Lukey92Posted 4/11/2013 7:17:22 PM
Was planning to grind the bonus boss for xp and rare drops but he is a bit of pain on repeat fights as he does much more damage(one shot both of my computer allies).

Does anyone have a good strategy for beating him easily and quickly?

My main team at this time is:
Oliver: Demoliceros/uni bopper
Swain: Bone Baron/Paleolith
Ester: Umberwood

Thanks,
Luke
#2Gamegeek123Posted 4/11/2013 8:08:26 PM
Lukey92 posted...
Was planning to grind the bonus boss for xp and rare drops but he is a bit of pain on repeat fights as he does much more damage(one shot both of my computer allies).

Does anyone have a good strategy for beating him easily and quickly?

My main team at this time is:
Oliver: Demoliceros/uni bopper
Swain: Bone Baron/Paleolith
Ester: Umberwood

Thanks,
Luke

Level three Dinoceros and put one on each character.
Give Esther a Sparkee and max out Bone Baron.
---
Shogunate
#3jtrevor99Posted 4/11/2013 8:47:35 PM
And, don't forget to make liberal use of "All-Out Defense" during his ultimate attack. It would have saved me a lot of headache :)
#4murgyverPosted 4/11/2013 10:11:05 PM
Drop esther for the navy blue guy, use all out defense during the great divide, attack with good timing during his ground strick, gives a nice or minimizes damage.
---
PSN: murgyver
#5Lukey92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 5:17:43 AM
I do use all out defense during his ultimate, but he still destroys anyone in the blast. Is my timing off?
#6jtrevor99Posted 4/12/2013 8:57:08 AM
Lukey92 posted...
I do use all out defense during his ultimate, but he still destroys anyone in the blast. Is my timing off?

That's actually fairly common - it's a STRONG attack. A good strategy is to give each AI-controlled partner a Familiar that has high Defense and Magic Defense. They should switch to that Familiar during All-Out Defense and, hopefully, survive the blast.