Received the soundtrack today.

#1jkdarlowPosted 4/23/2013 3:52:28 AM
Just so people know they are being sent out.
#2schlaufuchsMIKEPosted 4/23/2013 9:58:00 AM
I just received an email from them today, and I think it said that it shipped, but it was in french, so I'm not entirely sure (ah yes, I've put my four years of high school french to good use, haven't I?)
---
"This is America - none of us are supposed to be here." ~ Peter Hornberger, 30Rock
#3jaimelyn60Posted 4/23/2013 12:38:05 PM
I got the shipping email today as well.

My Ni No Kuni collection will finally be complete :)
#4jkdarlow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 3:46:11 PM
I as far as I can tell didn't actually get a email saying it was sent out, was quite a surprise when it arrived, I'd totally forgot about it.
#5jbunniPosted 4/25/2013 3:33:25 AM
jkdarlow posted...
I as far as I can tell didn't actually get a email saying it was sent out, was quite a surprise when it arrived, I'd totally forgot about it.

My email put it in the spam folder, presumably because it wasn't in English. So folks might want to check their junk mail box.
#6Tino_Tonitini2Posted 4/25/2013 4:12:40 AM
jbunni posted...
jkdarlow posted...

My email put it in the spam folder, presumably because it wasn't in English. So folks might want to check their junk mail box.

I only knew the soundtrack had shipped for me because I checked my account on Wayo Records' website.

I never saw an e-mail regarding the shipment but after reading this post, I decided to check my Spam folder and sure enough, there it was!

Now, I just wonder when it will get here. I'm looking forward to it!

By the way, you seemed to have received the soundtrack rather quickly, TC. If it's alright to ask, do you live in Europe? If you do, that would account for the speedy delivery. If you live in the U.S., though, that gives me hope that I could receive it this week.
#7jkdarlow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 5:53:10 AM
Yup, live in england, so not too far to travel really.
#8Tino_Tonitini2Posted 4/25/2013 6:17:12 AM(edited)
jkdarlow posted...
Yup, live in england, so not too far to travel really.

Ah.

I live in the U.S.

I would be fantastic if it came this week but, realistically, it probably won't arrive sooner than next week and hopefully no later than that.
#9srepucanePosted 4/27/2013 2:58:20 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be an artbook too?
#10Tino_Tonitini2Posted 4/27/2013 10:54:18 PM
srepucane posted...
Wasn't there supposed to be an artbook too?

Not exactly.

To quote the website:

Includes all the musics from the hit PS3 game, plus a bonus collector's item: 20-page booklet featuring artwork, lyrics and background information (package and text in English).

It does come with this item but it's nothing more than the standard lyrics and info booklet found in most CD cases that also functions as the album cover. It has a few pages of artwork (less than 10 pages), the lyrics to both versions of "Kokoro No Kakera" and some info on Joe Musashi, Mai and Archie Buchanan. That's it really.

Still, the album is very well-made. I just got it today (a little faster than I expected) and just about everything about its design (the build of the jewel case, the print quality and construction of the book, etc.) feels professional. One gripe is that the information (album name, song titles, etc.) on the first disc are in Japanese and on the 2nd disc nothing is labeled, aside from the default track numbering. It's not a HUGE deal since the back of the album has the song titles. My biggest problem is that contrary to the website's claim, it does not feature all the music. As far as I can tell, it doesn't contain the standard boss theme. If I'm somehow wrong, though, and it is on the album, someone please let me know where I can find it.