This or Dragon's Dogma: DA?

#11Albel_Freak(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 2:27:17 PM
I decided to go with this! I found it for 35$ on ebay in "Like New" condition and only $2 shipping costs so I figured that wasn't a bad deal.

I already know I"m going to enjoy it because I love JRPGs. I love endgame content with super bosses, arenas, etc. Plus I know I"m going to go out and try and catch every single familiar out there.

I've been playing the Dragon's Dogma demo for awhile and I actually really enjoy it, but I got scared that it might get repetative after awhile. Don't get me wrong, I will probably end up getting it after awhile. Hopefully after a price drop. But I couldn't pass up $35. This way I can finish this, the get DD, then Tales of Xilia will be out, then hopefully FF Versus (I will refuse to pay 60 bucks for FF13: LR, I wasn't impressed with either 13 or 13-2, but Versus is a different story.)
---
Cliff - Star Ocean
"Whoa, I'm not getting TOO strong, am I?
#12jtrevor99Posted 4/25/2013 2:28:46 PM
ZeroJinKui posted...
Albel_Freak posted...
but with the price being at 60, I've never really justified buying a game for that much.

you've never been able to justify paying full price for a game, no matter how good it is?

...i dont even know of a non-violent way to respond to that.

Agreed. I've purchased several games that, in my opinion, were worth a lot MORE than $60. (Several SNES-era games and The Elder Scrolls:Oblivion immediately come to mind.) On the other hand, I've purchased a couple of games recently at $60 that I haven't gotten more than $20 worth of fun out of.
#13delta_12Posted 4/26/2013 4:10:00 PM
ZeroJinKui posted...
Albel_Freak posted...
but with the price being at 60, I've never really justified buying a game for that much.

you've never been able to justify paying full price for a game, no matter how good it is?

Then don't respond at all maybe?, why bother? It's a matter of opinion. It means games were not his/her first priority since its not primary needs like food. He/she will not drop death for not playing games. The clue here is a word "budget". I think that's why he/she asked for any input between two games. Maybe someone can afford both games but maybe in his/her case he/she can only afford one game yet at the time.

for tc, I honestly enjoy Ninokuni and will gladly recommend this game to play first over DA. but with your budget, i think you should take DA instead if it's cheaper than Ninokuni in your country and wait for Ninokuni's price drop to your affordable price later.
#14Albel_Freak(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 7:02:08 AM
delta_12 posted...
ZeroJinKui posted...
Albel_Freak posted...

Then don't respond at all maybe?, why bother? It's a matter of opinion. It means games were not his/her first priority since its not primary needs like food. He/she will not drop death for not playing games. The clue here is a word "budget". I think that's why he/she asked for any input between two games. Maybe someone can afford both games but maybe in his/her case he/she can only afford one game yet at the time.

for tc, I honestly enjoy Ninokuni and will gladly recommend this game to play first over DA. but with your budget, i think you should take DA instead if it's cheaper than Ninokuni in your country and wait for Ninokuni's price drop to your affordable price later.

Pretty much what this person said...trying to save for a house but still love videogames. So paying a total of $100 for two games in 1 month seems like a waste of money that could pay for a bill. I can afford it, but house/family/bills > videogames.

Plus, I haven't yet played a game that was worth the 60 bucks THIS GEN. Earthbound, Suikoden II, etc. easily worth the full budget price. Anything this gen? Not in my opinion. FF13? No way. FF13-2? Maybe after and IF you get all the DLC. I waited for it to drop to 20 and didn't get any DLC, very worth it. I think Tales of Graces F I paid 50 bucks for and TO ME that was worth it. But I"m a die-hard Tales fan. White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2? Waited for 20 bucks and definitely not worth the 60 bucks.
---
Cliff - Star Ocean
"Whoa, I'm not getting TOO strong, am I?
#15moniewitchPosted 4/27/2013 10:22:55 AM
I have not tried either game out yet but I will be getting both sometime soon. I recommend both
---
Jesus is everyone's best friend & savior
~Everyone get Baptized so you can make it into the Kingdom of Heaven~
#16jesseCheechPosted 4/27/2013 10:54:44 AM
Dark Arisen for sure, dude.
---
PSN: F1R3PHO3N1X Black FC: 0904 8542 1260.
Haven't you heard? The bird is the word.
#17PHEEliNUXPosted 4/27/2013 11:04:01 AM
I would go with Dragon's Dogma
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"