Horace's riddle in Perdida . . .

#1Neptunethe23rdPosted 5/22/2013 2:35:56 PM
Horace asks where a certain character is in the Wizard's Companion. I find the question vague. Does he want the page number? the section heading? Someone give me the answer please. I mean the answer he wants, what I actually type in.
Thanks
---
"He became a saint without a God, every word a blasphemy." Frank Herbert
#2AlltraPosted 5/22/2013 3:02:54 PM
He's looking for the location the symbol appears. The name of the location it appears. It's not a page number, it's an area location.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#3HabefietPosted 5/22/2013 10:26:01 PM
Google is your friend.

If it were a less blatantly obvious sort of question to search for I'd help more but this question is addressed by guides right here on this website, by previous topics on this message board, and by simply typing "Horace riddles" into Google. The more people that learn to check these sources before posting, the better.

So, answer: Type "Horace riddles" into Google.
#4Neptunethe23rd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 3:12:06 PM
If I wanted google, I'd have googled. I guess I'll say thanks for NOT just giving me the answer--make me work for it.
---
#5AlltraPosted 5/23/2013 3:32:41 PM(edited)
Old Smoky

There's your answer.

It's really not hard to figure out though.

Horace said...

If you look through the chapter called "Regions of the World" in your Wizard's Companion, you'll find bits of Nazcaan here and there. There's a certain character that only appears in one location. My question is: Where is it?"

I bolded the relevant parts. The only other thing I'll mention for the sake of clarity, is that by "Character" he means "Rune". Look for the Rune in the "Regions of the World" chapter that only appears once, and tell him where it's located. (Hint: It's the name of the location it's next to)
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#6Neptunethe23rd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 3:11:55 PM
Sarcasm seems to bleed from the walls . . . Never mind--I googled it.
---
#7AlltraPosted 5/24/2013 3:15:29 PM
I honestly wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I was just explaining how I came up with the answer.
---
#8HabefietPosted 5/24/2013 3:25:43 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic at all, I was being bluntly honest.

Making this topic (the time spent typing all the words that you typed and thinking of how to word it coherently):

1. Took you longer and took more thought than it would have taken to Google
2. Was less guaranteed to provide a result than Google
3. Was guaranteed to have a longer time delay between input and response than Google
4. Takes up space on the board that distracts from more difficult or abstract questions, or other discussions
5. Inconveniences others who may not remember the exact answer to the riddle in question and end up solving it... by just Googling it anyway and doing your easier-than-making-this-topic-work for you.

What is your aversion to Google when it is objectively the best method of finding answers to extremely basic and specific questions like the one presented here?
#9me_prestonPosted 5/24/2013 6:46:42 PM
The wiki section here on gamefaqs has the answers all in a list
---
At least Kefka managed to rearrange the very planet and kill millions of people!Good for him!
college paid for by: OIF 03 OEF 05 OIF 08