best way to use treats?

#1holywtfomgPosted 7/28/2013 6:30:04 PM
I read a before you get started guide and it said dont worry about saving them because they are cheap to buy but what i wanted to know is whats the best route for the 10/10 stats, is there a guide somewhere for this?
---
pokemon black FC: 3139 1107 1394
playstation id: debauchee
#2ExentrykPosted 7/28/2013 7:00:03 PM
Work out what attribute/s you want to increase for your monster, and just start feeding them those treats. It doesn't matter what tier of treat you feed them, as you can feed them an unlimited amount until you have the 50/50 stat bonus.

I recommend starting early, as every time a familiar becomes "full" (after eating 10 low tier treats), you'll need to battle 10 times to feed it again.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#3holywtfomg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 7:52:41 PM
hm i think i understand, so play to the characters strengths or weaknesses with the treats, im assuming stuff that is casted like hot huff and thunderspark or whatever its called use magic attack right? thats where im a little worried I dont want to beef up magic and it end up using physical attack as its damage modifier.
---
#4ExentrykPosted 7/28/2013 8:09:18 PM
You can tell if the trick is physical or magical by the icons next to the tricks. A physical trick like "Earsplitter" has a "sword" icon next to it, while a magical trick like "Spire of Fire" has a "fire" icon.

Once you've figured out what your familiar is good at (physical or magical), you can then decide on what stats to increase.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#5holywtfomg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:18:08 PM
ohhh i see now thanks a bunch
---
#6turbanmythPosted 7/29/2013 9:39:24 AM
you can't go 50/50 on one stat, it's mentally impossible, you'll go nuts before you get past 30/50. So with that out of the way, focus on foods that boost the stat that your familiar needs to do better on his role, i.e. if he is a tank give him defense/magic defense food; and his secondary role, i.e physical attacker/magical attacker give him chocolate/cake.

On a deeper note, it is worthwhile to notice that some familiars' roles coincide with their favorite foods, i.e. seed sprite who is a superb magic caster healing or nuking prefers cake, while others prefer food that does not improve their performance. This played an important part in my considerations to picking familiars on my team, I picked the ones who's stats were boosted by their favorite food.
---
As a bee without harming the flower, its colour or scent, flies
away, collecting only the honey, even so should the wise man wander in the world. --Buddha
#7ExentrykPosted 7/29/2013 4:32:24 PM
turbanmyth posted...
you can't go 50/50 on one stat, it's mentally impossible, you'll go nuts before you get past 30/50.

Challenge accepted. :P

My Dino is already at 23/50 for Attack.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#8turbanmythPosted 7/29/2013 5:43:59 PM
Exentryk posted...
turbanmyth posted...
you can't go 50/50 on one stat, it's mentally impossible, you'll go nuts before you get past 30/50.

Challenge accepted. :P

My Dino is already at 23/50 for Attack.

Ahaha, it is physically possible, but that will just prove that you have lost your sanity. Especially chocolate, you have to farm the pig familiars in peridia for that rare ingredient or the steps surrounding the temple of trials farm the sun looking familiars. I'm talking pure stealing. I don't remember who drops them. Drops would be faster than stealing.
---
away, collecting only the honey, even so should the wise man wander in the world. --Buddha
#9ExentrykPosted 7/29/2013 6:21:33 PM
It's mostly just foraging. I can buy all the rest.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65780574
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#10turbanmythPosted 7/29/2013 7:07:45 PM
Exentryk posted...
It's mostly just foraging. I can buy all the rest.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65780574

Oh you're right, I was thinking of drakestone for highest tier cake. But still chocolate still kinda hard if you are feeding other familiars chocolate as well. Out of 9 familiars you most certainly have at least 2-3 more familiars using chocolate.
---