Best familiars in the game to have?

#1Dark222Posted 8/11/2013 6:32:43 PM(edited)
Hi, im just at the part where you learn to metamorphose at the temple of trials. Since i can tame monsters now what is a very decent team to have throughout the game?

Also was i suppose to metamorphose mite into mighty mite which is a level 1 now?
---
Playing: Black Ops II | Ni No Kuni | PSN: dark_soul77 |
Anticipating: Lightning Returns: FFXIII | FF13 Versus |
#2Boliver77Posted 8/12/2013 11:04:05 AM
Dark222 posted...
Hi, im just at the part where you learn to metamorphose at the temple of trials. Since i can tame monsters now what is a very decent team to have throughout the game?

Also was i suppose to metamorphose mite into mighty mite which is a level 1 now?

To answer your second question, I donít believe you have a choice with metamorphing Mite. They kind of force you to do it. All familiars that you evolve drop to level 1 when you morph them so thatís normal.

As for a good team. Iím not the best to answer that since Iím only about half way through and experimenting with a bunch of familiars. The lemur looking one that you get in ding dong dell is a keeper. He can deal a butt ton of damage in such a short time.
---
Lost odyssey 1100/1100 :)
#3mustacheridePosted 8/16/2013 9:48:28 AM
Here's a list of good starter familiars that you can use well into the game. I've also included where you can find them ^-^

Inphant(rolling hills)
Teeny Bopper(deep dark woods)
Naja(ding dong well)
Napcap(golden grove)
Bonehead(shimmering sands)
Turbandit(shimmering sands)
Littleboghorn(old smokey)
Shonky-Honker(the bayous - east)
Purrloiner(the bayous)
Monolith(the bayous)
#4kaonohiokalaPosted 8/18/2013 10:00:16 PM
mustacheride posted...
Here's a list of good starter familiars that you can use well into the game. I've also included where you can find them ^-^

Inphant(rolling hills)
Teeny Bopper(deep dark woods)
Naja(ding dong well)
Napcap(golden grove)
Bonehead(shimmering sands)
Turbandit(shimmering sands)
Littleboghorn(old smokey)
Shonky-Honker(the bayous - east)
Purrloiner(the bayous)
Monolith(the bayous)

a second opinion on this list:
Inphant - never used cuz its so slow
Teeny Bopper - takes forever to catch up with others because its so poor defensively at first
Naja - never used, but it looks solid
Napcap - gains some great tricks, but has fairly low stats early on until it pulls ahead much later
Bonehead - useful throughout
Turbandit - useful throughout
Littlebighorn - never used, but looks solid
Shonky-Honker - never used
Purrloiner - one of the best main-game options
Monolith - is big and tanky and can hit decently with magic gems

i also recommend the Hooray, Bougie, and Sparkee lines for solid offense. Seed Sprite & Naiad are excellent healers.

I've also heard good things about Dinoceros, Sapdragon, & Girlfiend.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#5Dark222(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 1:26:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6drclaeysPosted 8/19/2013 4:53:01 AM
Friends,

if you use the search at the bottom of the screen. YES, we do have a search. and Put in "famil", you will see many posts about this game topic.

Why this is good, because you get a group vote of the best, not just what the people this week think is the best. From that listing, you will see about 15 that show up over and over again.

If you pick from this group of 15, you should have a solid team. Also know that some fams are early bloomers, and some are late bloomers. some work better with a certain character then another. so you also have to match fams with people.

Good luck.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Oblivion, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage