Can you recruit familiars while you're in Hamelin... *spoilers*

#1kaonohiokalaPosted 8/13/2013 10:21:41 PM
...in the past?

I'm still trying to catch the big robot and the spinny cog thing but just can't.

No other familiars have been looking to be recruited since I got to the past either, so I'm not sure if I'm just unlucky or what.

btw, this game has the absolute worst spin on time travel ever. no reaction of surprise or intrigue or anything from the characters that they were mysteriously sent 15 years into the past without any explanation. and it wasn't even explicitly stated! the king was just like "oh you're from the future you say?" and that was about it.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#2kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 10:28:37 PM
Wow, nvm I just recruited a ghost thing. Guess I've just been unlucky.

This topic is now about how poorly this game's time travel was portrayed.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#3ElSilverWindPosted 8/13/2013 10:35:28 PM
I agree with you TC. The first time playing through, I had no idea when or how I had gone to the past until after I was done with Hamelin.

I don't think you went to the past in the original DS version, so that may explain it. Although it is kinda nice that the time travel spell is shown in use before it plays a part in "big spoilers* later in the game.
#4kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 11:43:37 PM
Yep, and looking at old topics, you're not alone in that thought. Some people were just straight-up confused.
---
#5zzamaroPosted 8/14/2013 2:47:31 PM
Once you done with that area or maybe before, it'll make sense.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]