This game is ***NOT*** fun!

#11gameMJMPosted 8/25/2013 3:56:50 PM(edited)
I do agree with TurbanMyth though. Base stats don't mean anything if they don't come with juicy spells and skills to back them up. You also have to take into consideration equipment slots. Some familiars can boost their primary stats by +100 points through equipment, while others only get offerings of +15-20. I'm not going to take the time to lay that all out for you though. :-|

And at the end of the day, there's no wrong way to play the game.
#12turbanmythPosted 8/25/2013 3:49:32 PM
Akatsuki-Kikumi posted...
But I spend a lot of time searching for double-sign variants to capture. So I expect to reach Lv.99 relatively quickly.

For instance, I finished the Temple of Trials (to become a sage) a few hours ago and Oliver is in his mid-twenties. If I were to spend a few more hours grinding in the desert area, I can see Oliver reaching Lv.30+ easily.

I've already acquired a double-sun Naja so I consider myself somewhat lucky (after the 13+ hours of Napcap taming ordeal.)

That's fine, disregard everything I said I guess you are a power leveler. Don't forget the Tokos. >.<
---
As a bee without harming the flower, its colour or scent, flies
away, collecting only the honey, even so should the wise man wander in the world. --Buddha
#13turbanmythPosted 8/25/2013 3:54:19 PM
gameMJM posted...
I do agree with TurbanMyth though. Base stats don't mean anything if they don't come with juicy spells and skills to back them up. You also have to take into consideration equipment slots. Some familiars can boost their primary stats by +100 points through equipment, while others only get offerings of +15-20. I'm not going to take the time to lay that all out for you though. :-|

And at the end of the day, there's no wrong way to play the game.

Thanks for the support, took me 3 tries to get the right familiars myself. I had to study so many posts here and elsewhere to form my ideal team. But I was very glad I took the time to research.
---
As a bee without harming the flower, its colour or scent, flies
away, collecting only the honey, even so should the wise man wander in the world. --Buddha
#14drclaeysPosted 8/26/2013 4:57:48 AM
Friends,

There is some type of a skill you can buy that give you better capture stats. I heard about this, and thought. GREAT!!!! got it... I expected to capture my fams on the first or second try. NOPE. maybe they increased your percentage. but from 1% to 2% sure is a 100 boost, but it still sucks.

Dont get your hopes up on one fam. It will make you hate this game. Try a few times, if luck is on your side, great.. if not.. Move on.

Nothing is as bad as turning FUN time into work time. Try to enjoy the good parts of this game.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Oblivion, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage