Metamorphing for Main Game

#1TheBlueAznGuyPosted 9/1/2013 3:53:46 PM
I have read that I should metamorph as soon as I get all the skills, for the purposes of the main game.

Is this true for Bonehead as well? He seems to be an exception because I have read his growths in his next forms get lower or something to that effect, and you want to max his levels before morphing.

Is this simply not true and there are no exceptions to the metamorph asap rule (for the main part of the game), or are there exceptions?
#2VanilleHopenPosted 9/1/2013 4:09:34 PM
um to be honest with you this game is really easy it really doesn't matter..

all this crap about building ultimate familiar teams and whatever else is up to you but I will say I basically just used the starter familiars the characters get (mitey) throughout the entire game and never once ran into any trouble at all...

I did evolve them when they were ready to morph but I never touched a treat with my mitey and between him and oliver the game was still a breeze...

all it takes is a little tokotoko farming and your good to go.. All that catching and training the best familiar teams is completely optional and not even close to necessary to beat the game..

maybe the post game is harder but as of now (I just beat the game) it seemed to be fine for me...
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#3Akatsuki-KikumiPosted 9/1/2013 5:37:37 PM
TheBlueAznGuy posted...
I have read that I should metamorph as soon as I get all the skills, for the purposes of the main game.

Is this true for Bonehead as well? He seems to be an exception because I have read his growths in his next forms get lower or something to that effect, and you want to max his levels before morphing.

Is this simply not true and there are no exceptions to the metamorph asap rule (for the main part of the game), or are there exceptions?

10% of the familiar's stats carries over to the next form. This means only 1% of 1st form will carry over to the 3rd form. Therefore, for the 1st form, it doesn't matter much. But for the 2nd form, you should make reasonable effort to level your familiars as much as you can before morphing into the final form for higher stats.

It should be noted that just about all of the 1st and 2nd forms are either Early Risers or Normal. Early Risers gain bulk of their stats early on in the game at lower levels. Normal types gain stat points at more or less constant amount regardless of their level. If you are looking to morph your familiars as soon as possible without sacrificing too much potential gains, you can do so for early risers as they stand to gain very little at higher levels.