Game would have been better with out party members.

#1nativeboi85Posted 11/6/2013 10:46:37 AM
They are useless, need way too much micromanagement and are incredibly unintelligent. Only time they are useful is when plowing through smaller monsters quick but during boss fights forget it. Even if you have them stuck to a heal me they still do their own thing
#2exodus2020Posted 11/6/2013 7:49:11 PM
I disagree.. Everybody seems to complain about the AI in this game but they do just fine for me.. They attack when there supposed to, and when they need to heal they switch to a familiar and cast a healing spell or trick.. They even use tricks.. and cast spells that the enemies weak to..

I have everybody set on do as you like.
---
-Videogames are interactive books. Therefore, videogames > books.
#3turbanmythPosted 11/6/2013 9:23:38 PM
exodus2020 posted...
I disagree.. Everybody seems to complain about the AI in this game but they do just fine for me.. They attack when there supposed to, and when they need to heal they switch to a familiar and cast a healing spell or trick.. They even use tricks.. and cast spells that the enemies weak to..

I have everybody set on do as you like.

I second this^
---
As a bee without harming the flower, its colour or scent, flies
away, collecting only the honey, even so should the wise man wander in the world. --Buddha
#4peter_888Posted 11/6/2013 9:50:20 PM
well I wouldn't go that far since I still see that the party members to be useful for a good amount of the time though I will agree that the ai in this game is lackluster
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#5AlltraPosted 11/7/2013 4:46:30 AM
I kind of think I agree TC. Don't get me wrong though, I have no trouble getting them to do what I want them to, the thought comes up quite often. I've often asked myself why they didn't just give Oliver the Harp and Gun, and get rid of the characters. Most of the time I use Oliver to do everything anyway, the other two seem incredibly redundant other than taming and stealing which could easily just be given to him as tools. Most of the time they're just decoys that don't do much but soak up hits Oliver would end up taking, unless I take manual control, and in those instances they're like skill receptacles, they hold onto moves that I don't have room for on Oliver.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.