95/100 Hidden Treasures

#1Danger0187Posted 1/14/2014 10:07:12 PM
I'm missing 5 hidden treasures. I know there are 5 in the last area, and I've gotten them. I'm missing an additional 5. Does anyone know where they might be? I've searched what I thought was the whole world twice now. Any suggestions on where to look?
#2Master_x0xPosted 1/14/2014 11:51:24 PM
Did you check the batches of small islands between Shipwreck Shore and Teeheeti ?
#3AlltraPosted 1/15/2014 1:32:41 AM
The only thing I can tell you is to check each area thoroughly. Use the in-game maps as a reference and physically check using Seek Treasure. There are only a small handful of HTs that aren't listed on those maps. They are located on the beach of Hermit's Cove and the beach on Turtle Crag. Other than that, there are a couple tricky ones up on Genie's Steps North, and one behind the monument on the Solitary Island you go to after getting Tengri. Don't forget to check each individual island on the Sea, there's at least one on pretty much all of them.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#4rrhammerPosted 1/15/2014 2:38:17 AM(edited)
You're just gonna have to go door-to-door like the g-d Avon lady. You could also recheck places you've been but couldn't get all the chests at the time, like the western area of DDD past the gorge. Good hunting.
#5AeriusPosted 1/15/2014 5:42:28 AM
If you look at the Compendium all the treasures are marked on there. That will let you know which small islands to search. Use the spell so they show up on the big continents.
---
RPGs Beaten(104) Maxed(63), Recovered MMORPG addict
Current: Suikoden Tierkreis, Ni No Kuni, Atelier Meruru
#6Danger0187(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 6:15:25 PM
Aerius posted...
If you look at the Compendium all the treasures are marked on there. That will let you know which small islands to search. Use the spell so they show up on the big continents.

How exactly do you view this in the compendium? I'm really at a loss. I've searched everywhere.
#7AlltraPosted 1/15/2014 11:14:32 PM
It's in the world map section. Everytime you stay at a new inn you get the map for that region added to your Wizard's Companion. They're displayed on those maps as Keyhole Icons. They give you the general location, then you can use Seek Treasure to find them specifically.
---
#8CoreDumpErrorPosted 1/16/2014 11:34:18 AM
Noz3ro's FAQ has detailed descriptions about where to find every hidden treasure. That's how I tracked down the last few hidden ones I'd missed. The main one I missed was on the island with the familiars' hermitage, next to Nazcaa.
#9Danger0187(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 1:47:15 PM
Alltra posted...
It's in the world map section. Everytime you stay at a new inn you get the map for that region added to your Wizard's Companion. They're displayed on those maps as Keyhole Icons. They give you the general location, then you can use Seek Treasure to find them specifically.

Yeah, I've been to all of those locations. Do they change color if I haven't gotten them yet? I'm just stumped. I'm wondering if there's a glitch with my save file or something.

Noz3ro's FAQ has detailed descriptions about where to find every hidden treasure. That's how I tracked down the last few hidden ones I'd missed. The main one I missed was on the island with the familiars' hermitage, next to Nazcaa.

I'll look into this, thank you.
#10AlltraPosted 1/16/2014 7:13:33 PM(edited)
No, the map doesn't change to indicate you've collected it.

One rule I always go by, the more certain I am that I found something, the more likely it is that's what missing.

I don't know how well you searched already, I really don't, but I doubt very much it's a glitch. It's far more likely that you're missing a treasure, and the more certain you are that you searched everywhere the stronger I feel that way.

My advice, and you're not going to like it, go item by item on the map. Physically stand on the map next to a keyhole and use Seek Treasure. Be meticulously anal about it. It's annoying and tedious as hell, but that's why I didn't wait till the end of the game to go hunting for them, that way I could make sure I got them all in smaller quantities, and knew where to look if I missed something.

If you're not missing any of them, then there's only like 6 that it could possibly be that you're missing.

I'm almost tempted to just have you upload your file and send it to me so I can look. I bet I could I could find it within 20 minutes.
---