new to jrpg

#1thierminatorPosted 1/15/2014 9:59:53 AM
Hey guys. I play playstation since 1996. It was my first console. And since then i never played a jrpg. Only ff7 demo. Cant remember it. So is this a good game to begin with. Played much wrpgs and big fan off dark/demons Souls.
---
No wife like a microwife
#2turbanmythPosted 1/15/2014 10:04:05 AM
If you liked PS 1 JRPGs then you will like this one. It is old school but with better graphics.
---
Give a dude gear and you up his DPS for a day,
Teach a dude a build and you up his DPS a lifetime, or till next expansion...
#3thierminator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 10:15:09 AM
turbanmyth posted...
If you liked PS 1 JRPGs then you will like this one. It is old school but with better graphics.

I never played one sorry.
---
No wife like a microwife
#4AlltraPosted 1/15/2014 3:31:58 PM
It's a pretty user friendly RPG. It wouldn't necessarily be my choice to introduce people to RPGs though.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#5Bryson777Posted 1/15/2014 9:11:21 PM
Just out of curiosity why wouldn't you recommend this game to people new to jrpg? The game is easy enough and the story is accessible and enjoyable for people of all ages. What games would you recommend instead?
#6thierminator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 10:11:27 PM
I gonna buy it. Its only 9 euros in psn store this month. Seeya later guys.
---
No wife like a microwife
#7dnmtPosted 1/16/2014 1:55:01 AM
Bryson777 posted...
Just out of curiosity why wouldn't you recommend this game to people new to jrpg? The game is easy enough and the story is accessible and enjoyable for people of all ages. What games would you recommend instead?

It's the most user-friendly JRPG I've ever seen, lol. The entire first third of the game is like one big tutorial and the star icon on the minimap always tells you where to go in order to advance the story. It's a great game for new players to jump into.
#8Bryson777Posted 1/16/2014 6:53:24 AM
I agree about the star haha. This game is easy mode. Long gone are the days where we had to subscribe to nintendo power and buy huge game guides. Now you just follow the star! I turned it off myself personally. I felt it made exploration more enjoyable.

At that price thierminator, this game is a steal. Let us know what you think once you play it. Cheers!
#9CoreDumpErrorPosted 1/16/2014 11:31:29 AM
I agree about turning off the Guiding Star since it's a little too much hand-holding for my taste, but be careful. Later in the game you characters will get a map that leads to three specific places, but you never get told what those places are in the dialog. So the *only* way to find them is to turn on the Guiding Star.