goty edition

#1klatchzPosted 1/18/2014 6:09:42 PM
I was just looking for it on the net but i cannot find anything about it, no news nothing. Goty edition (red case)

But i saw one in our store and bought it, but its just weird that there are no news about it or whats included in the goty edition.
#2kingdomdudePosted 1/18/2014 7:16:11 PM
I think you mean greatest hits edition? Greatest Hits I believe are always just rereleases at a lower prices.
---
Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
#3AteasPosted 1/21/2014 5:52:54 PM
kingdomdude posted...
I think you mean greatest hits edition? Greatest Hits I believe are always just rereleases at a lower prices.

Yeah, the red cases are 'Greatest Hits' - releases of best-selling games for a cheaper price (usually like $20). They're nice for games like this, which might otherwise be hard to find. Sony's been doing Greatest Hits releases since the PS1 era.
#4moejoejojoPosted 1/24/2014 5:13:53 PM
There's two things going on here that you might be confused by:

1) The red case is Greatest Hits which only came with a different case color (red) and a different case art.

2) The game won (I think) RPG of the Year, but not Game of the Year. There is no GotY edition.

There is a familiar and other content on the psn that you should check out though.
---
Whoops
#5Prism WeaponPosted 1/25/2014 12:26:57 AM
It's greatest hits.
#6klatchz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 3:32:54 PM
Oh yeah its greatest hits, i got confused i think it rpg of the year... thanks guys, it was just odd since its not even a whole year well its a win for me hahaha
#7AipherPosted 1/30/2014 4:40:15 AM
On a tangent here, sometimes greatest hits are different from the original in content ala Mafia II which also has all DLC included on disc.