devs playing favorites?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: neoturnip

neoturnip
2 years ago#1
deliberately making familiars have very large gaps in terms of stats, thought they would have this game balanced by now..
price to pay for no multiplayer aspect?
Never trust a trailer.

User Info: nerotozero

nerotozero
2 years ago#2
I'm not sure I'm understanding your argument. There are 300 familars. It would be a shame if they all had similar stats. Half the challenge is catching the A list familars and building them.

User Info: Aerius

Aerius
2 years ago#3
Frankly I think the familiars are closer to each other than most people given them credit for. Sure there are a couple overpowered ones (Dino in particular), but 90% of them are pretty similar.

Don't be misled by stats alone, you have to factor in what they can equip as well. Something that looks weak may be able to equip a strong weapon, and something that looks like it has no defense may be able to equip multiple defensive items.

I mean, I think the game can be beat with basically any familiar combination. Most will have trouble identifying the 'worst' familiars just because there is usually a redeeming quality that lets them work.
RPGs Beaten(106) Maxed(65), Recovered MMORPG addict
Current: Suikoden Tierkreis, Ni No Kuni, Atelier Ayesha, Titan Quest, FF13-3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived