Do AI partners know how to block/evade?

#1legendriderPosted 6/11/2014 4:25:58 PM
Because for the Bashura boss fight, I had to control Ester because she was hopeless as an AI partner, where as AI Oliver was decent. Still didn't block though
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy
#2turbanmythPosted 6/11/2014 5:31:24 PM
Very soon, you will get to a part of the story where you will get the ability to trigger defense or offense at will. This will make fighting much easier but the AI is also dependent on stats, tricks and equipment.
---
Currently playing FFT, FFX, CoL and D3. Currently watching 24 and Cosmos.
#3AlltraPosted 6/11/2014 6:55:00 PM
They do know how to, but they don't very often. Blocking is incredibly low on the AI priority meter.

There's two main ways to force the issue. One is very relevant to the Brashura battle.

The first is to set her AI to "Do Nothing", and remove all her Familiars. She'll do nothing but guard, and occasionally go after glims if her HP or MP go below a certain threshold. This is a good tactic for this battle because Brashura always targets Esther by default.

The second is available a little later, and that is the All Out Commands. These commands tell your party to attack or defend at your command. (Assuming their Timers are allow them to)
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#4legendrider(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 7:13:07 PM
Alltra posted...
They do know how to, but they don't very often. Blocking is incredibly low on the AI priority meter.

There's two main ways to force the issue. One is very relevant to the Brashura battle.

The first is to set her AI to "Do Nothing", and remove all her Familiars. She'll do nothing but guard, and occasionally go after glims if her HP or MP go below a certain threshold. This is a good tactic for this battle because Brashura always targets Esther by default.

The second is available a little later, and that is the All Out Commands. These commands tell your party to attack or defend at your command. (Assuming their Timers are allow them to)

That's helpful.
Thank you, and you too myth.

For the fight I just made Esther my character and had AI Oliver fight while I healed him. Decently enough.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy