What are good familiars for the last party member? *spoiler*

#1RebellianPosted 6/30/2014 7:17:18 PM
I'm at the near end of the game and want to grab some familiars for Marcassin before heading off to beat the game but I'm clueless as to what to use. I've looked around for suggestions but I havent found anything that could help. I know most people prefer to use Esther and Swaine over Marcassin but I've caught 2 of almost each tier 1 familiar so Esther might get benched soon.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 5155-2969-5674; Trainer name: Chaud
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhuszfLpT1qauec3o1_250.gif
#2AlltraPosted 7/1/2014 3:38:07 AM(edited)
I can't remember which Familiar types are his favorite, but if I'm not mistaken one of them is Daemonia, and if that recollection is accurate both Relixx and Ice Maiden are good for different reasons.

Relixx is a bit of "Jack of all Trades". It's got healing, support, and magical attack capabilities. In its final forms, Medixx focuses more on the support side, with healing and buffs, while Angelixx is more of a caster with fewer buffs but more offensive options and a light focus on healing.

Ice Maiden is mostly offensive, mixed with some support. Support in this case comes mostly from status effects. It's darkness and ice based attacks are pretty brutal. However, Sinister Sovereign can learn fire based attacks that lower forms don't, and it learns Black Blast, which if I recall correctly does great darkness damage and can inflict a random status effect.

Either of them would be good options.

EDIT
Scratch that bit about random status effects, that's Dark Embrace, I confused the two. Black Blast is all damage.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#3Rebellian(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 4:53:41 AM
Thanks for the reply, yes you're correct In that one of his favorite types are the demonic familiars and I'll look Into the ones you mentioned. I should've mention that for what I actually have for Marcassin Is the Electrixx he starts with, a Sugarplum Sprite since he also likes fairy familiars, and I'm pretty sure I caught an Ice maiden due to Derwin's request for one.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 5155-2969-5674; Trainer name: Chaud
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhuszfLpT1qauec3o1_250.gif
#4AlltraPosted 7/1/2014 5:14:14 AM
Sugarplum Sprite is a fantastic Familiar, and it's even better on Marcassin with the Genus Bonus.

Electrixx is good, but optimally it would better to capture and train a Relixx from scratch. Not just statistically, but because you miss out one some useful tricks otherwise. Your call though, it's easy enough to look up the move list and decide for yourself.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.