a few hours in...

#1madanthony16Posted 7/3/2014 6:42:25 PM
game is not really sucking me in at all....does it pick up afterwards or should i quit now?
---
" If its the Devil's music, Satan must be awfully proud. "
#2turbanmythPosted 7/3/2014 7:48:56 PM
It's not for everyone, quit now.
---
Currently playing FFT, FFX, CoL and D3. Currently watching 24 and Cosmos.
#3MercurioBluePosted 7/3/2014 8:29:34 PM
I bought this game when it first came out, but only just started playing it last weekend. I felt like the beginning part of the game was super boring, mainly due to the large number of cutscenes, and the combat feeling slow. Once I got some more spells/familiars I felt like the game was more enjoyable, and the pace of the story picked up.
---
Xbox Live: MercurioBlue
MTGO: MercurioBlue
#4AlltraPosted 7/3/2014 9:45:49 PM
There's not much to do at first, everything is very bare bones basic. It takes awhile before things open up and the full spectrum of possibilities becomes available. By the time you get the Sea Cow though, you'll be drowning in content.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#5jondiasPosted 7/4/2014 9:47:52 AM
I usually give any RPG I play 8 hours to hook me. If it hasn't gotten me by then, it's probably not going to. Then I shut it off and play something else.

Life's too short to play games I don't find enjoyable, although from reading the message boards on this site I seem to be in a minority there. Apparently people enjoy hating stuff enough to play games they don't like and then complain about them publicly instead of just playing something else.
---
Things cannot be bias. You are thinking of "biased," and you sound silly when you say it wrong.
#6PinkPikachuPosted 7/4/2014 1:51:06 PM
that's oddly specific op
#7WizardofHothPosted 7/4/2014 2:14:56 PM
Hang in there.

the first hour and half of this game is pretty much a tutorial to get you hooked into the game. That and Mr Drippy humor.

I should try out the game's gameplay such as catching or collecting the monster allies or whatever but Im level grinding like I always do in other role playing games and saving money to buy the stronger weapon and armor etc.

Game's story reminds me of Neverending Story 2 dunno why though lol
#8AlltraPosted 7/4/2014 3:55:02 PM
It's not as if there's nothing to do at the beginning anyway. You still have quite a bit of exploration and gathering you can do. You also have Errands that you can accomplish. Sure, the combat doesn't really open up until after Teeheeti and you get the All Out commands, but combat is only a small portion of the game play.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#9Slayer1Posted 7/6/2014 10:44:27 AM
I really wanted to like it.
But ultimately I decided to pass.
---
Paine's songstress CT
#10AiriskiPosted 7/12/2014 7:45:38 PM
This game was a huge disappointment for me. I felt like the entire time I had no choice in what I wanted to do. When I bought the game, I had done so under the assumption that any game created by Level-5 would be a nostalgic blast, and I would instantly be reminded of one of my favorite childhood games, Dark Cloud 2. I guess I felt like this game was a little too... I can't find the right word... censored, perhaps? And the gameplay was so restricted that often I found myself walking through forest areas that were actually designed like hallways, so you couldn't go anywhere but forwards, or backwards. The battle system reminded me of the worst aspects of the Final Fantasy franchise, where enemies needed to be eliminated every 200 or so steps.
===========================================================================
But wait! You can't just fight the bad guy, you idiot! The screen has to be disrupted, and you need to see a close up of the bad guy.............. Close up over, panning over to get a close up of hero, now!.......... Close up over. ***Kills bad guy in one hit***Cut scene of bad guy dying............ Cut scene over, panning over to get a close up of hero, now!............... Close up over, now time to look at the stats..... Stats over, proceed to walk another 25 paces before that monster up there inevitably sees and battles you.
===========================================================================
If you're anything like me, you understand fighting the baddies is an important part of any game, but what you don't understand is why it has to take the equivalent of a loading screen to do so. This game never picked up enough speed to engross me, and if it would have later on in the game, my argument is then simply that it took too long. This is a beginning game for a casual gamer, and while it isn't all so easy at times, it's not consistent enough to hold my attention.